Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, new to the board

Hi everyone,

Well I did post once but otherwise a newbie.

I've been lurking a couple of days and wanted to say. You all know why I'm here - my drinking is out of control. I think I'll join the 48 hour thread for starters. If I aim for a 30 and fail I can't help but get really discouraged and depressed which leads to more self-destruction. I have a week of AF days this month and shooting for more. I read My Way Out several years ago and right now I'm reading MM's book. I'll be giving kudzu another go. I'm taking some other herbs as well.

I did okay today. It's about 6:00 p.m. and I'm AF today. I'm drinking sweetened tea the rest of the evening. I'm off to read around the board. Thanks for listening.

Bluejay

Hi, new to the board

Hey Bluejay - welcome!!! I think it is great that you are planning on joining the 48 hour thread for starters. I know so many times I tried to quit, drank, then felt so miserable I stayed away from here for weeks or months. FInally two months ago something in my big fat head clicked and I started reading, posting, drinking gallons of lemon water and taking a few of the supps and it worked! I am over two months and have this place to thanks. It looks like you are set to do this and seem to have a plan. The plan is key. WIthout it I would have failed miserably again. Best of luck to you friend. Watch - you wll get past that 48 and you wlil be amazed how you feel. Keep us informed of your progress! The people here rock.

Your friend, Waggy
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Hi BlueJay and welcome. (I am a BlueJays's fan in Major League Baseball). It is a good thing that you know that you have a problem, and that it is time to address it. Certainly any sober days you have are great.

What is your goal? Moderation? Stopping drinking for good? Read and write lots, there are many caring and insightful people here who want to help you. Hang in there,
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Hi Bluejay,

Welcome to MWO!
        Use the great ideas in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html to help you make your plan to reach your goals.

Drop in the Newbies Nest & introduce yourself

Best wishes on your journey!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Welcome Blue Jay! Good for you on the 48 hour pledge! You can do it!
          Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
          :h

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Welcome BlueJay,
            as the others have siad, you've taken the right step, keep reading & posting.
            GoodLuck & stay strong
            *Witchy*
            Progress, not perfection!!!
            A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Hi, new to the board

WELCOME! See you on the back 48!!!!!

Guy
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Welcome Bluejay. See my recent post! This place has been a lift to me in the past several weeks. Hope we can be the same for you. It is a fight, though -- stand firm! Stay tough! Post lots. We'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Welcome

Hi Bluejay

I'm a newbie too on my second AF day. Am finding this site invaluable at the moment!
                  Good luck x

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Bluejay & Chelsea :welcome:
                    Please read lost of posts and keep posting! It really helps. Lots of support here - just remember, you aren't alone - we are all here because we admit that our drinking has gotten out of control and we want to STOP!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Hey Waggy, Hill, Lav, Blonde, Witchy, Guy, Sona and Chelsea,

I really appreciate the warm welcome and thanks for all your encouragement. This is a great board and it seems filled with supportive, kind folks - like you!

I hope to see you around the boards.

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Hey Jolie,
                        Thank you.
                        You snuck in while I was typing my reply.....lol.
                        Hope to see you around.

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Hi BlueJay and welcome to MWO!

Comment

Hi, new to the board

:goodjob: on wanting to get you life under control, bluejay! I see Lavande recommended the tool box. I'd like to point you to this thread as well. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lan-41280.html
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi, new to the board

Thanks Bardot and greeneyes,

Yup - I've been perusing the toolbox and joining threads and plan on chatting tonight.

Have a good day!

Comment

Working...
                              X