Three Weeks Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Weeks Today!

Thanks to you, Hills, Rudy, Lavande, Cassia!

I'm tired and not much to comment on right now.

Good thoughts as always, Bean!

Have safe, happy AF dreams, everyone.

Comment

Three Weeks Today!

Great job you guys! Its wonderful to hear the enthusiasm for AF life,
      It is bloody brilliant I quit smoking 14 years ago using Allan Carr's method which i also used for AL. I think its natural to have increased because you are over compensating for not drinking, for me it was coffee. I just went with it for the 1st while then cut back when i was feeling stronger. I think the good thing is that quitting the booze does automatically make us more aware of our health and how our bodies feel and this is probably why its tiggered you wanting to quit smoking. So thats all positive!
      I wish you well and look forward to celebrating at the 1 month party next week!
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Three Weeks Today!

Congratulations guys (Bean and Soma)... Seriously, you must be feeling so much better
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Three Weeks Today!

Chillgirl;1044983 wrote: I think the good thing is that quitting the booze does automatically make us more aware of our health and how our bodies feel and this is probably why its tiggered you wanting to quit smoking. So thats all positive!
          I think this is exactly what has happened. It almost feels like the drinking made me less aware of exactly how I felt smoking; you take the scotch away and suddenly you're like, "Why am I doing this to myself?" You can suddenly feel its effect.

I won't be able to go cold turkey with it like I did with the drink. I can just see that that won't be the right method for the smoking. I think I will begin counting cigarrettes and then tapering off. Yesterday I had somewhere around 8-9. Today I will allow myself nine, and i will count. I'm going to taper off over time.

Chillgirl;1044983 wrote: I wish you well and look forward to celebrating at the 1 month party next week!
          Thanks, Chillgirl! Bean and I are looking forward to that too!

Change;1044997 wrote:
          Congratulations guys (Bean and Soma)... Seriously, you must be feeling so much better
          Thanks, Change. Yeah, at three weeks, I can honestly say I'm feeling WAY better without it. Last December I had some serious health risks in my relapse. I really scared myself at one point, with my sister hovering over me yelling that I had to get out, that I was either going to the emergency room or going to a meeting. I chose the meeting, and I could barely get up to walk to get there. That wasn't because I was drunk, it was because I drank so much before that that I was collapsing from dizziness, sweating like crazy, lying on the floor feeling faint.

That, and countless other memories from my last drunk (a man at a bar threatening to "break both my legs") are good memories to continue with in living AF.

Peace.

Comment

Three Weeks Today!

Congrats Sona and Bean. Keep it up.
            And Like Chillgirl I am off the cigs a few years now, I would highlt recommend reading "Allen Carrs Easyway to stop smoking", or if there was an Allen Carr clinic in your town, the seminar is usually a one day course and they have a 90% success rate, and you would quit on the day of the seminar. I did this with others and we are ALL non smokers now 8 years on.

Well done again on staying AF :-)
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

Three Weeks Today!

Damo i went to his clinic too! Never smoked again from that day and that was after trying every other method under the sun, i have so much to thank Allen Carr for, God rest his soul.
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Three Weeks Today!

me too chill, his books and theories are amazing, and his legacy lives on.....
                day 19 AF complete and its friday also which can be a bit tricky
                hope all is well x
                Still trying !!!
                AF 25th June2014

Comment

Three Weeks Today!

Wow, sounds like Carr's clinic is amazing. I would consider the next one in Chicago in a few weeks, but $400... Can't do it right now. Don't think I made my goal of nine yesterday (I think it was 11), but today it couldn't have been even eight. So I'm still at the same level, right around nine a day.

The point is that I'm AF, and I know that. And I love that. Today was my daughter's 8th birthday and we're having a slumber party for her with screaming kids all over the house, and it's really not that bad, in fact in moments it has been a riot. I am here for her on an important day. I am here body, mind and soul. And that is AWESOME, I'm thankful. With as recent as my relapse was, this could have been so bad. But thank God I found this forum and got my ass back to meetings when I did. I really believe I want to kill this thing that's tried to kill me.

Hope you are all doing well. I know I haven't been on too many threads the last few days. It's actually been somewhat busy around here. But I'll try to poke around a bit this weekend.

Comment

Three Weeks Today!

Great stuff Sona. Keep it going!

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                    X