Decision made - now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone it upsets me that I have so little will and self control but I feel so fortunate to have found this site and everyone on it! X
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

10.30 now and off to bed sober after only a couple of drinks, ready for what tomorrow brings
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hi Mauri - just wanted to say hi and welcome back. You've gotten really good advice, so I'm just here to lend support. For what it's worth, I did make a list one year ago (when I joined MWO) of what I wanted my life to look like today. It hasn't all worked out quite as I had hoped, but I'm sure a lot closer now than I was this time last year. Giving AL the boot didn't magically make my life perfect, but it sure did make it better. Hang in there. xx
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Welcome back Mauri! I've thought of you often.

If you're like me, then drinking stopped being "fun" a long time ago. For me it was sitting around slowly getting hammered, watching TV I didn't remember the next day, stumbling off to bed and waking up at 3am with a brick on anxiety on my chest. And that was on a GOOD night. The bad nights included stupidity and dangerous things.

You CAN do this. Let us help you. Stick around! :l
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi, Mauri:

If stopping drinking were just about will and self control, a lot more people will be doing it. Alcoholism is an addiction to alcohol - quitting takes planning, work, support - sometimes even inpatient rehab, medical detox, etc. Don't beat yourself up about not having self control - alcohol is a nasty, insidious liquid. The worst part is that it really takes control. How many times have I said - I'll just have one. After one, al takes over and I no longer have control...

I agree with Sam that reading about alcohol has helped me tremendously. There's also a great podcast called the Bubble Hour. I recommend the one with an interview with Dr. Kelly about the disease of alcoholism - puts it all in perspective. Like Lav says, we're here to help...

Pav

Comment

Working...
            X