Love hate relationship with wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys for all your advice, its crazy for me to think I can have a SPECIAL occasion drink it really is, you guys know and I know, I will drink to much and hate myself every time its just all part of the disease. Yes oceansize I do take L Glutamine and it helps but I haven't been utilising it properly, how often do you take it? thankyou for the thread. I purchase my L Glut from a healthfood store bubblex, its about $40 try and get the pure stuff, mine tastes a little like bicarb soda, no sugar in it, I had the sweet stuff and this one seems to be stronger.
    sigpic
    Where ever you go, there you are

Comment

Bubblex you can get l-glut at a health food store in pill form, I get 50 pill for $6 and I take it at 3pm and 6pm and at bed time. The body need B6 vitamin to process l-glut to take a multi vitamin also. I really helps me. Also there is a period of sleeplessness most people experience when stopping AL that last 4-7 days normally but sometime as long as 14 days and it is annoying but when you do start sleeping it is the single greatest benefit in my opinion. L-glut is a supplement body builders use to help their muscles repair themselves faster for less sourness after a workout so you might think you have the wrong thing when you go to buy it but thats right supplement, it has many other benefit besides just that. If you search the threads on here about L-glut you will find alot of info about what it does and how to take it.
      You always succeed if you never stop trying.
      Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Being an older lady one thing I have discovered since joining here and cutting back is wine makes my menopausal hot sweats worse......................... a lot worse. A posting on a thread months back told me AL can cause hot sweats. I started using a cream that helped but in the end the cream and the wine started fighting it out and the wine kept winning. The hot sweats are awful and now I stop and think before I have that drink. More and more often it stays in the bottle. Can't believe something good is coming out of the menopause. More good news the cream is starting to work again.

Hubby is pleased coz in the sub zero tempuratures, we have had in the UK this winter, it means I am not lying on top of the bed covers with a ceiling fan going. Poor Mr QQ has had a lot of cold draughty nights.

Off to my Spin class now so will return home shattered but please with my effort.

QQ
        Success is knowing when to sit back and enjoy the moment

Comment

That's funny, Quit.
          I've just turned 50 and haven't had any menopausal symptoms yet, but you kind of look out for them at this age and put everything down to it. About two months ago I noticed I was getting pretty hot at night and shoving the dog (who likes to lean against me) across the bed. A few days after going AF I noticed I no longer felt hot at night. In fact, we had a couple of cooler nights recently and I had to put another blanket on. So maybe it was the alcohol rather than hormones.

Comment

Hi Everyone & QQ in particular. That is so interesting cos I am menopausal ( tho I definitely DONT think we re older ladies !!!! I have yet to reach that 50 zone & now reckon middle age is at least 60 !) & I have noticed that when I drink more the night sweats are worse . Thought it was just me but maybe it does worsen the symptoms .Anyway , going to get down a health food store & find that L glutamine ... I also have all those herbal meds from joining MYO last year & then failing to really give it a go , so will try starting those again.

Comment

At least 60, Bubblex. I don't feel the least bit ready for middle-age.
              Cassia, it's encouraging that you have your mojo back. I'm still waiting. I have little bursts of energy, and definitely don't tire as easily, but I still feel like I'm observing my own life at the mo. I have just moved house and there is so much to do, but I sometimes still find myself sitting in the evening as I would've before but sans the wine. I can't seem to get back to writing or doing anything creative yet. Just housework and kid stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X