Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scared

life

lisad;1046672 wrote: Hi everyone, I have looked at the MWO site many times but, have been reluctant to reach out.......It scares me to stop drinking wine completely......lots of anxiety about that so I am going for drinking in moderation first and then possibly abstinence. I know that is not a very good choice but it's what my heart is telling me to do right now. I understand that drinking can increase anxiety and I am on meds for anxiety and depression....I am babbling:new: sorry! My simple story is that I have made myself believe that I can't relax w/o a glass of wine (or more) at night. I have gone through this for 20 plus years (I'm 45)...Anyway, no more babbling, just wanted to get on board. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance if you are cheering me on! Lisad
    hi lisad,:goodjob:just realising one mite have a problem is an accomplishment,subsatance abuse is horrendice,in all societies,it will get worse b4 it gets bettter,you ve found an alternative to other means to undrstand,if that makes sense,:Hif your on depressents i can tell you ,it is not wise to drink on them, no matter waht your taking,drinking a glas or 2 of anything ,alchohol wise will relax,many of us just contioed to drink the remainder of the bottle,and wondered why we were delirious,well it took me 40 years to figure it out,what we were tot years ago,wasnt necessarily correct.maybe i should change my name to LOTS OF XPERIENCE, hahahah,see even after al the abuse i did,there is a way out,:goodjob::Hgyco

Comment

scared

Hello, Lisad: I am new here too, and I've thinking about not drinking for years. I'm realizing that fear keeps me from doing many things that I want to do, and this is one of them. So I'm trying to approach it with the idea that it will be a new and exciting adventure to see how life feels without it. To be able to feel really present in each moment and alive instead of either foggy or tipsy or then depressed and anxious, which, by the way, I'm convinced al does to me.

So please do whatever it takes to try it. I think I'm going to try nothing at all for a few weeks and then add back in if I choose. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X