Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello everyone, I have just joined MWO. Over the last month or so, I have been trying to stop drinking with little success. If any of you watch The Siimpsons, you might remember the episode where Homer stops for a whole month. He crosses the days off on a calendar and eventually reaches his goal. I am keeping a journal in which I write how I feel that day and if I have taken any drink. I looked back over it yesterday and found that I have taken a lot less than usual, but I don't want to take any. My wonderful wife has promised to support me through this. I just became a grandfather last week. I have been "celebrating" the event. I promised myself that I would not get drunk after the birth, but the demon in me won again. I had a couple of missing days. I know that I cannot take a single drink from now on. I cannot stop after one drink; I keep drinking until I have finished everything in the house. I am rambling on now. It is good to talk.

Hello

Good day Paul. Good to read you. I understand exactly how you feel. It's important to know how to deal with relapse, and indeed, to properly define relapse. My shrink told me that one slip, does not necessarily mean relapse. Relapse means failure over a period of time. So, I'd say, it was just a slip. You made the right decision to understand that drinking is not for you. Today's a new day. Hold on to it!

Best,

Paddy
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Hello

Hey Paul, CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a Grandpa!!:h That's gotta be a wonderful feeling! It's also great that you have your wife's support ...You will meet some great supportive folks here as well.:welcome:

This is a wonderful place and it will change your life... if you're ready to make the changes. . Looking forward to getting to know ya a bit better!

Catch you later,
      Judie
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hello

Hello

Thanks for the support. I know that I shall get all the help I need. It's good to contact people in the same situation as me.

Comment

Hello

Welcome Paul - its great to have you here. You will meet a great group of people here and be amazed by how much people relate to you! We are thrilled to have you!
          Hugs
          Jen
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hello

Hey Paul,

There are plenty of people here who can TOTALLY understand what you are feeling!! Don't beat yourself up about the couple of bad days. Put them behind you, they are over and you can't get them back!

You have made a great step! Focus on that for today and come back here tomorrow bragging about how you made it through another day....drink free!! :l

Hug that new grandbaby.......you didn't mention if it was a girl or a boy?
            Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

Hello

Congratulations Grandpa!
              Welcome to this wonderful place. I just got on board yesterday and understand exactly how you feel.
              Big hugs!

Laura
              ~Laura

Insanity
              : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello

COngratulations on becoming a grandpa Paul and congraulations on taking the steps needed to make your life less dependent on alcohol. We all understand the struggle, believe me. Hope you get a lot out of this site.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hello

Welcome Paul, and welcome to you too Laura.
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

Hello

hello

I have just got in from work and logged on. I can't thank you all enough for taking an interest. By the way,my grand-daughter says hello. She is 10 days old now

Comment

Hello

Congrats and welcome!

Hi Paul

My new grandchild is due any day now - don't know whether it will be a boy or a girl - we already have two granddaughters but anyway, congrats on your new addition to the family -I bet she's a right wee belter!

Orra best
                      The Terror:welcome:

Comment

Hello

Hello Tartanterror, Thanks for message. I hope everything goes well with your new grandchild and that you are enjoying the others as much as I am enjoying mine. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Hello

Hey Paul

Thanks for stopping by my thread with some encouraging words! I appreciate it more than you know.

How are you doing? How is that new granddaughter? :h
                          Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

Working...
                          X