Why do people want you to fail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok this was me ranting on about others, I changed this post because i realised that its me feeling like Im failing, so there you go only for today though
    sigpic
    Where ever you go, there you are

I think most people don't like to see a drinker stop because it makes them uneasy about their drinking, it did for me when people didn't want to drink when we were out .
    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Yes I have found this too, when I was pregnant and not drinking it was ok but the minute I had my son a couple of my drinking buddies kept asking if I had had a drink yet, once I had stopped breastfeeding when he was 3 months I had my first glass of wine and the reaction I got from one of them was - Good girl, back on the vino ????!!!! I mean WTF ! I know now it was because she feels guilty about how much she drinks!
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

It's a common problem. My ex used to self-righteously dis me for drinking (even tho he used drugs) and then buy a bottle of whiskey and sit drinking it in front of me, after suggesting I give it up!
        Now I'm trying to stay AF and my workmates are really uncomfortable. I noticed that one of them was itching for another wine during our work Xmas lunch. They are trying to sabotage my good intentions by telling me that I look great and don't need to lose weight, and that there is no need to give up alcohol as you can mix wine with soda to make it last.
        I think it makes them feel guilty and that is uncomfortable. Even if you have no intentions of making anyone else feel guilty they will, because you are taking a stand.
        It's kind of like those stars in the 70s and 80s who stupidly mentioned that they were virgins (Marie Osmond, Brooke Shields) - it raised a mob of guilty women who would like to lynch them

Comment

chin up hunni and keep pushing forward!! it gets better and people around you start to realise its a new you! Stand tall and proud and think... take it or leave it... this is me!

Comment

I don't think people understand a drinking problem because there isn't much for them to see most of the time and the suffering is done behind the scenes alot of times. It's not like a heroin junkie that shows up with track marks all over their arms and shakes all over the place and very visually looks horrible. They don't see the suffering it causes so they don't identify with the problem, generally speaking of course.
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I agree with allswell, my DH doesn't really 'get' that I have such a problem, he just says oh just cut down and only drink one/two days a week but it is not that easy for me,, I just can't stop at that! Maybe some people are well meaning?
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
              X