Adverse side effects of quitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, just wondered for all of you in the first few days/couple of weeks, what side effects have you found from quitting if any?

I feel really anxious and scared and last night in bed I had the sweats (sorry if tmi!) also feeling really irritable towards my OH, almost resentful as if he is the one stopping me drinking which is ridiculous as I am the one who has come to this decision and it is partly for the sake of my marriage - I guess this is just the evil Al trying to demotivate me
    Oh also I have really bad heartburn every time I eat or drink anything!

Having said that I still feel better knowing I am giving my body a rest from my usual routine!
    Taking it ODAT

I didn't have the heart burn, but I did have some anxiety. And I have read many times here about people having the sweats, so yah your symptoms sound normal. REMEMBER this too shall pass. Many say it comes in waves. So read read read and you will see that you are not alone. Keep up the great work MD!!
    Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Thanks Jude, I think I am going to be living on this site over the next few days/weeks/months LOL
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

It really does help!! I have never heard a negitive word here. Amazing people.
        Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Mauritius - Im afraid these are all very normal withdrawal symptoms....
          I had night sweats for about a week and insomnia for 3! Since then however i have had the best sleeps in my life so dont worry everything with pass. The irritablility is totally normal and I would ask your Husband for some patience and understanding. Again this will pass quite quickly. Re the heartburn, make sure you are not drinking too much coffee as a substitute, try to stick to herbal teas. Your body is in detox mode and needs to flush out the horrible AL toxins. Whatever the side effects keep remembering it wont last long and you will be free of this awful addiction. Remember to pamper yourself too, if you are feeling grouchy go have a soak in a bubble bath, listen to some nice music and relax.
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Mauri,

Remember, your body is literally getting rid of toxins, so you will feel some effects at first, but then you will feel GREAT when your body is back to the way it should be. Much better than you did with AL. Hang in there, it just gets better!

Comment

Thanks

Chillgirl I don't really drink coffee, when I do its usually de-caff I love tea and prob drink around 4 cups a day but very weak so think I will be ok caffeine-wise, a bath is a great idea though, must did out a book to read...

Mylife I guess I have loads of toxins so I shouldn't be surprised :blush: I am hanging on LOL

Felt soooooo irritable and stressed last night but mainly due to trying out a new hobby (crochet) which is so difficult!
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
              X