Small steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small steps

I know this is just a small victory - but I am on day three AF. I feel pretty good about it. It feels like this time around is different and I am really committed to stay AF for a while.

Just wanted to share. Hopefully this is IT!

Small steps

Hi EG and well done on 3 days. I do think you sometimes know when it really is for you and really going to work - it does feel different. Thrive on that feeling, nourish it and let it grow - it's priceless!
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Small steps

Great job! I hope I can wake up tomorrow and say today was day one for me!! I am feeling strong so far.
      AL Free since Jan. 28 2011

Comment

Small steps

Congrats e - g!
        3 days AF is awesome - you should feel proud, keep going

whenwillichange - I'll join you in hoping that today has been Day 1 for you.

Wishing you both the best!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Small steps

:goodjob:

Congratulations on the first 3 days of your new life!

Comment

Small steps

Eg 73 - great job on day 3! Sometimes it just finally clicks that we dont want that life anymore and while we still have to deal with the breaking of habitual behaviour, the mindshift makes all the difference. Stay strong and focused, enjoy all the things being AF brings especially waking up and feeling good
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Small steps

That's great!!! Well done. Stay strong hunni

Comment

Small steps

Eg, nice work. Getting some sober time under your belt, can really help you get a better perspective. Keep fighting,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Small steps

There is nothing small about that........a big Congratulations to you. On to day four....
                  Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Small steps

Day 4 today - I still feel strong as though I feel like I just have lost somebody.... Like an old friend has left me or let me down .... and I do feel a void in my heart .. I know it sounds pathetic.

But in my head I know alcohol is not an option. And that makes it easier to go by - my tempting time is 6-9. I noticed that if I can make it without Alcohol those hours, then I am actually just fine.

I have no wine in the house (wine was my thing). That helps. Day 4 - one day at the time, right. Thank you for listening.

Comment

Small steps

All,
                      Today is day 3 for me and it's the weekend.....Let's all get through this and give each other hugs on Monday! :l

Lady
                      The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Small steps

I think most of feel that sense of loss, especially in the first week EG73. So it doesn't sound pathetic at all. That's what is so great about this site, people here understand because they have been where you are.

My witching time is beween 4-6pm...after that I am fine. Actually I just looked at the clock and it is 4pm and I had not even thought about a glass of wine. I am on day 26, so believe me, it does get so much easier.

Comment

Small steps

Congrats on Day 3 LL...yes hugs on Monday sound great!! But you can have one now if you want it.(((hugs))) to both you and EF73 for working through this weekend AF.

Comment

Working...
                          X