Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Softy,
    Hate to tell you this but your sleep's going to be all over the place for a while so try not to stress about the lack of it.

Just try to project yourself 24 hours from now it'll all be over one way or another. You may be tired out but you are going to sober. Right?
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Yep better tired and sober than tired and hungover
      Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Hanging in there....

Started Sat 29th Jan and I am still clean today, which is Day 9. Used to be ok in my early 30s to go Sunday to Wed without a drink so that gives me good hope to get to Day 12 without much trouble. Get to Day 15 then I have a week off work. That could go either way. When is lent? The start of lent could give me a reason to kick on until Easter.

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Hi Softy,

Very well done, its hard work but so worth it in the end. :goodjob:

Luv Flo x
          Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Witching hour

Thanks Flo. Every night after tea I get a little twitch that says it's time to drink. Just by posting something on here I can see my progress in writing and know its there for the world to see. That gives me the kick I need to surf the urges. So just those few words of support mean so very much, it means someone is watching me. This gives me the self discipline I need. :thanks:

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

You've got many guardian angels here, Softy.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Makes me feel like a rock star having so many women looking out for me!!!

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Hi Softy,

I've been checking your thread but haven't posted and just wanted to say :goodjob: so far, you are doing great and I can so relate to the work situation, check back my first thread as I think we might have been kinda similar. However I am female and don't have a wife :H

Hang in there and keep posting, it does get easier but takes a while to get comfortable and confident being sober but it's fantastic that your wife is on board and supportive.

Dewdrop :h
                  Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

If you want a wife.....

You can have mine - give me your address and I will drive her over now!!! Seriously though she has been a great help and very understanding. Always better to tackle a problem with two heads rather one.:l

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Just wanted to say hello Softy!!! and :goodjob:!!

You can be very grateful to your wife too!! Not :goodjob:easy job for her!!

I'm in my early 40'ies, have already 18 years old wonderful daughter and feel still young!!! Just one problem i have - AL!!! Tomorrow will be my day 4...

But you're great, really!!!

Audrey
                      The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                      /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Good luck with day 5

You sound like a great mum for an 18 year old girl to have -kick the kick booze and crack on - you both have a great world to go after and plenty of fun times ahead of you - life is too short to be missing out by being drunk. I am only on day ten so have plenty of miles to travel yet but the folk on here are the type who will help you carry your burden:h

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Keep going Audrey,and well done Softy, great work.
                          You are well on your way.

I am 39 days AF and the benefits just keep coming, energy,real healthy sleep, much more time for my wife and boys. And I cant believe I am heading away for a few days, which would usually be a BIG SESSION, and am really looking forward to it knowing that I wont be drinking.
                          I cant believe that I would be so confident of not drinking at this weekend, but there is no way I am going back to my old ways.
                          Sorry for rambling :-)

Well done again.

Damo in Dublin
                          Still trying !!!
                          AF 25th June2014

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Lurking not posting

Just watching yesterday before going out with friends to a lovely Italian restaurant and then onto the pub. Took the car and drank soda. I am getting a soda problem! day 16 today and a three day holiday on the horizon as I am off work next week with valentines and Wifes birthday either side of three days away. Keep on keeping strong. I will be AF next Sunday on day 23. I have come this far I am definitely going to do February AF

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Good on you! Keep it up!

Comment

Day One Sat 29th Jan

Thanks

Just those few words give me the encouragement I need. I hope you are succeeding too, we are all on this ride together.

Comment

Working...
                                X