5pm - The Bewitching Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am almost done with work and totally stressed out and you know what I want when I get home......
    :upset:
    I really need to find better stress relieving techniques.
    ~Laura

Insanity
    : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Do something different mix up your routine a bit make a list of things you want to do but don't because of getting blasted. Stay occupied don't think about it move it from your mind, count to 5 when the thought creeps in anything it takes. Order the supplements it took a few days of taking the supplements to kick in and it sure helps with the craving. You need to come up with a plan on how to defeat the urges too. Having to take the supplements several times a day helped me because it gave me something I had to do every few hours and it reminded me to stick with it...

Stay strong!!
    spacie

Comment

Spacie, that is good advice, I want to learn these techniques, do these things on schedule! I have a stressful job too and so the things I need to do and the schedule for taking the supps gets pushed to the back of the list and that is so not what I need to do, I need to make myself a priority. I am going to cut and paste your reply into a text document that I will look at at work and email myself a few times a day. Suz saying thank you!
      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Thanks Spacie!
        I started the supplements yesterday.
        I had a nice pity party for myself on my way home from work and feel a little better.
        I have so much to do tonight which will keep me busy.
        ~Laura

Insanity
        : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

This is excellent advise. It used to be that 4:00 was my "witching hour". Now, it's 7:00 - 8:00, getting later and less "witching" every day. Habits take time to change. All of the sudden, it's done - it's changed and you've moved on. It starts with one step.

Comment

Well I made it!
            thank you for all the wonderful advice
            ~Laura

Insanity

Comment

Laurav wrote: Well I made it!
              thank you for all the wonderful advice
              You go girl!! I hope you are feeling pretty darn proud of yourself!! :happy: :wd: :happy:
              Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

May I also suggest, if it's possible, to take a nap right when you get home? I know when I'm stressed, if I go home and lay down and close my eyes I will fall asleep for a bit and wake up refreshed. Might not work for everyone, but it's better than the alternatives! I just go in my room, tell the kids "mommy is taking a nap" close the door, turn on a fan to drown out all noise and sleep! Even just 20 or 30 mins makes a difference.

Just a thought!
                Angel3786

Comment

Working...
                X