Shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame

I feel absolutely horrible this morning. I can't drink, I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I really embaressed myself last nite. I had a date and I really nervous. I thought to help myself out I would drink beforehand so it would calm my nerves. I started around 5 or so, the date started at 8. By the time that rolled around the alcohol had really kicked in and I was drunk. I was stumbling around, I threw up and I fell asleep. Apparently I was okay enough to have sex with, that didn't seem to bother him at all. He sent me an email later that night after he left about my behaviour, which I felt was justified but not okay either since he did have sex with me knowing I was drunk. I need to stop this before something bad happens, I'm old enough to know better. Please help, any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated right now. I feel like an alcoholic whore from last night. :upset:

Shame

Newgirl - :welcome: Whether you've been lurking here or if its your first time, you have found a wonderful place with nothing but support and encouragement. Obviously you have come to the point in your drinking where you know you need to make a change. I always used to drink before social occasions as well (to take the edge off). If you couldn't stop at just one or two then you realize that you need some help. That's what MWO is all about. I'm sure others will respond with more advice - if you haven't already looked at the toolbox, it would really be helpful. (Sorry - not sure how to link it but I'm sure someone else here will!)

My heart goes out to you and I know you probably feel like you are at an all-time low right now - best thing to do is pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Things can only get better from here by giving up the alcohol.

Keep reading and posting - it will help a lot.

Sending you a hug! :l

Jolie
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Shame

HI Newgirl,
      U are at the right place. Today is a new day so make it a good one. Drink a bunch of water to wash all that AL out. Keep reading here and take the advice. Don't beat yourself up as it doesn't do any good. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Today is day 3 for me and I feel like a new woman. Good luck and feel free to pm me.
      When
      AL Free since Jan. 28 2011

Comment

Shame

Join me in day one. I am drinking water like crazy, and just drank a vitamin water.

Comment

Shame

Hi newgirl,

I have done the same thing more than once and this is the reason why I have sorted out my drinking problem. You hate how you feel right now but you can make this into something positive...turn it into anger towards alcohol.Dont you just hate the stuff right now? Alcohol takes away your self respect. It is very possible to regain your control.

If i can do it then so can you. xx
          Be strong-
          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Shame

I echo what Rebirth says, it shows the danger of alcohol, but what's done is done - get on with not drinking and see how much more self esteem you will have and before long we all look back in horror at the situations we allow ourselves to get into with drink.
            Be brave sweetheart - cuddle up on the couch with lots of water and just concentrate on yourself.
            Molly
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Shame

Welcome NewGirl:
              You have probably heard the saying, "If it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger". Take this as a learning experience that alchohol is never going to be your friend. It pretends to be and then stabs you in the back. Posting here will help you for sure. You can be free to tell your story and receive caring advice from those who have been there.
              Give yourself some extra TLC over the next few days.
              Blessings to all.
              Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Shame

Hi Newgirl, you can make a wonderful choice today never to feel this way again! Look at this as an opportunity to make that choice. We have all made that choice here for one reason or another and so can you!

Once you stop drinking, you will feel so much better. It's a promise!

Comment

Shame

You are doing the right thing. Shame is thinking of the past. Past is gone, water under the bridge. Today and tomorrow you have a blank canvass. You can paint a picture of a truly beautiful person and that person can (and I am sure it will be) you. Stay strong
                  Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Working...
                  X