I drink to be happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drink to be happy

Drink has made me unhappy in the past so clear as night follows day it will make me unhappy in the future if I slip. Reading back my old posts is powerful and a real strong motivator. The internet is great.
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

I drink to be happy

wow. I'm going to try to remember that Softy. thanks. Molly, I love your post too. I have these hazy images of summer in the back yard - dim lights, campfire, drinks, but the reality was nothing like that...I'd be done by 9PM and go in and pass out...reading here is so enlightening...:-)
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

I drink to be happy

Great post Softy. I am 2 months AF and tapering off the ADs I've been taking since October. To be honest, I don't think they did anything for me. I continued to feel depressed, unmotivated and vaguely suicidal from the moment I took them (and everyone kept saying they take time to work which stretched from 2 weeks to 3 months and at one point the Dr offered me another kind of medication that would help the first lot 'work better'. WTH? Was NOT about to start on that slippery slope).

Anyway, everything started to get better as soon as I stopped drinking. I am tapering off the ADs with only a couple more weeks till I'm 'clean' again. i think I've had about 1-2 bad days since I quit compared to 1-2 good days in the same time beforehand. Didn't want to admit it before but it has to be the booze.

Oh, and I've also ruined Christmas about 5 years in a row which makes me feel pretty shitty. The only reason I didn't spoil it this year was because I was on my own. Had dinner with some friends though it was funny as I didn't have any AL in the house. For one reason or another I missed getting any before the shops shut for Christmas. Couldn't believe I'd let that happen. Maybe it was a sign I was on the brink of big change. I quit on the 29th December and haven't had any since.

These posts are very thought provoking. Would love to write more but have to get going.
        Glad to hear you are still going strong.
        Bean

Comment

Working...
        X