Exhausted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhausted!

Where am I? How did I get here, what happened??

I have been trying for years now to quit this drinking behavoir, unsuccessfully! It is as common of an occurence as brushing my teeth, it is what I do..... Everynight....year after year! Mostly drink till numb, however the line is thin.....I have reached the point of easily slipping over into the what happened last night mode?? I know my body is saturated, and it only takes a few drinks at this point. I want to be free of this addictive behavoir and hoping there will be some words of wisdom here. I have started taking the supplements and I have baclofen.....but I havent started that yet, need to research it a little more first. Funny I 'm chicken to take the Baclofen but I keep pouring the poison down my throat each night.

Here I go...I 'm ready for a change. I hope to stay close to this site and keep posting, I have been reading for awhile and am hopeful for some of the same success others have had!!

Exhausted!

Hi downandout,

Welcome to MWO, this is a great place!
    I was in your shoes exactly two years ago, I know the exhausted feeling!

You've made a great decision to take better care of yourself. I haven't regretting quitting for even a second. Have you read the MWO book? You can download from the Health Store.
    You need to make a good plan for yourself. Look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for some good ideas.

This is not an easy journey but a wonderful one, you'll love the results
    Wishing you the very best!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Exhausted!

Hi downandout, and welcome. It seems that you truly understand the damage that the poison is doing to you, and it seems you are ready to stop. You can do it, get through today sober - that's it. If you do that for a while, the days will add up, into weeks. After you get some sober time under you, it becomes easier to have a clear mind, and really think about your drinking, and your power relationship with alcohol. Certainly you have to break your routine and your patterns, and this is difficult, but it can be done. You can do it,
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Exhausted!

Down and out, I could have written your post myself. I totally identify with everything you said. Today is Feb 1st, the day I am going to change things. Wanna join me? Good luck hun, I feel quite hopeful this morning after reading so much good stuff on this site. WE CAN DO THIS! Let's stay sober for today and we'll worry about tomorrow when it comes.

Comment

Exhausted!

live and lern

downandout;1051430 wrote: Where am I? How did I get here, what happened??

I have been trying for years now to quit this drinking behavoir, unsuccessfully! It is as common of an occurence as brushing my teeth, it is what I do..... Everynight....year after year! Mostly drink till numb, however the line is thin.....I have reached the point of easily slipping over into the what happened last night mode?? I know my body is saturated, and it only takes a few drinks at this point. I want to be free of this addictive behavoir and hoping there will be some words of wisdom here. I have started taking the supplements and I have baclofen.....but I havent started that yet, need to research it a little more first. Funny I 'm chicken to take the Baclofen but I keep pouring the poison down my throat each night.

Here I go...I 'm ready for a change. I hope to stay close to this site and keep posting, I have been reading for awhile and am hopeful for some of the same success others have had!!
          hi down,but not out of it yet :upset: your story is not much different then the rest of us :Hyour actually quite wise,addictive personality[behaviour]taking medication usually adds to the problems but there are many who have be on med s the rest of there lifes,remeber since having your 1st drink your life or Brain was altered,plus what we were tot about drinking was not necessarily ritethis is a great alternative to other methods of getting a grip on your addiction,ive been doing this top start drinking thing for 41years,as you said research and again this a good place to start:goodjob:gyco

Comment

Exhausted!

Downandout - :welcome:

Keep reading and posting - you will love the support you get here. When I first joined I found it a real eye-opener that there were so many people out there JUST LIKE ME!

We are all here for you (you as well Vintage Girl) - hope you'll stick around and let us get to know you a little better.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Exhausted!

Hi Downandout and welcome

Knowlege is power. So arm yourself and take on one day at a time. We are all here for you!
              Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Exhausted!

When I first joined an started reading it felt so much better to me to be with people who are/were struggling, and not be sitting in a meeting claiming to be af but really not, just because that was what you have to do. I am the kind of person who has to do things like this on their own terms, and not others who are judging me, making me feel bad and awful bc I am drinking. I already feel that way not really crazy about sharing it with in person peeps. Trust me I have tried it on more than one occasion.

Hang in there you'll do it when you are ready.

Comment

Exhausted!

Baclofen ain't nothing to be scared of. Just approach it rationally, seriously, respectfully and holy crap - suddenly a bottle of booze will have all the appeal of a crusty old tube of toothpaste.

Comment

Working...
                  X