Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31 Days Sober and I Feel FREE

hi all beloveds!

i didn't check in for a few days and lookie what happens ~ so many new names! sheesh. welcome all. this is a great place full of beautiful people. stick around.

just wanted to say hi and boy am i glad i quit drinkin'! today marks 31 days of my new life in sobriety. three days ago i quit the smokes. two days ago i snowboarded for the first time, and yesterday for the second. i definitely never would've quit the smokes and mightn't have gotten on the snowboard if i were still drinking. how much fun i'm having that i didn't before!

i love not wondering what my breath will give away, what my eyes might say. i feel so clear and respectful of myself. nothing beats re-connecting with my own innocence. i am truly a divine being who loves herself enough to feel worthy to be part of this universe. don't mean to be corny, but i really do feel a new and wonderful kind of high that i won't ever trade back for the high i used to chase. (i think all the exercise is really helping, too. endorphinamania!)

can't wait to catch up with you all again. must get some zzz's now, as it's still dark when my day begins. i wish you all your fair measure of this happy giddy headspace i'm in.
    xoxo rudyb

Nice work - well done
    Some inspiring words, for us just starting out.
    Can I put my share of the happy giddy headspace on hold. I may have to wait a few weeks.
    Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

:goodjob:
      It's great to hear the positive side of giving up and that you can have a lot of fun without alcohol.

Comment

What an inspiring thing to read on my own day 1! Well done RudyB, and on giving up the cigs as well :goodjob:

Comment

Rudy - I loved your post! I can feel your exuberant new energy radiating out.
          When we finally see the world again through sober eyes its like being a child again and being in awe of its wonder. I felt i had numbed my senses for so long with AL and now I'd even rather feel pain than nothing at all. This is only the beginning and you have so many wonderful experiences ahead of you :l
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Well done Rudy,
            Well said, I am 30 days AF today. My third serious attempt of quitting, but this time, I think I might just do it. Life is brilliant at the moment, why would I want to ruin all that by drinking.
            The hardest part for me has been forgetting that I dont drink, but that has stopped now
            I got myself a small diary, every night I write down small things that I need/want to do the following day. Most days I do what I plan and its a great feeling ticking off my small list.

I had NO plans when drinking, apart from when I can have my first beer.

Damo x
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

Hi Rudyb, and congratulations on your 31 days. You should really be proud of yourself. It is awesome that you are experiencing the beauty in life. Once we stop looking at life through a bottle, it really does change. It is exciting to get to know the real "you "once again. Great job, you're a motivator for us all.
              Keep adding those days together.
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Loved reading your post Ruby...big hugs, and congrats to you!!!
                Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

hahahahahah I mean Rudy, ya think I would know rhymes with Judy. Congratulations one more time! You are rockin!
                  Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Well done ruby, your doing great.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Inspirational stuff Rudy. You are reminding me of the important things in life
                      Keep up the good work
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good job Rudy!! Doesn't it feel great to have this new lease on life?

Comment

Great job Ruby:wave::wave::wave:
                          AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Brilliant work Well done

Comment

Great job! Congrats!
                              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Working...
                              X