31 Days Sober and I Feel FREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, thanks all! it is great. i also love that i'm going a bit mad w cabin fever here, home in a two-day snow storm w my beautiful four yr old boy, crashing about in the house, out in the snow a bit, without an inclination to drink. not long ago, i would've had something to drink on hand in advance, in prep for all these hours of unsupervised time! instead i'm resting up and enjoying each fully-present moment. so glad i won't be looking back on these days in regret for lost time i could've been spending better with my son. PHEW! thanks for the accolades. and i WILL be adding one sober day onto the next. watch me...

Comment

Rudyb, I am really glad that you are enjoying time with your child, and that you are enjoying being sober. I found, that I am mutch more engaged with my parenting now that I am sober. Everything is different. Like you say, it is so nice to not be planning my life around booze.

Keep up the great work,
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Thank you for this post...you put into words what I am feeling...the wonder of recovering my child-like innocence which had been stained with AL for so long that I gave up hopes in ever getting her back. I'm glad she waited for me, cause now we have the rest of our lives to experience the joy of being sober and all that is good in the world for us, and there is lots!

Congrats on your 31 days...I am right behind you my friend with 26!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Working...
        X