Insurance advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance advice

I am going to see the GP tomorrow to discuss upping my anti depressant dose. I booked this last week when I was very low and couldn't see a way forward. Now on AF Day Four ( I know it is only four but that is four more than I have managed in months) I feel like I am turning a new leaf. I have admitted to being an alcoholic for the first time ever to my wife and this is spurring me on. However much I want to tell the doctor tomorrow (as I know he will help) I am scared that it will be on my records and either invalidate insurance or make it expensive/ impossible to purchase. Any advice?:thanks:
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Insurance advice

Are you in the UK, Softy, before I start babbling on?
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Insurance advice

North west england

You again JC are you a guardian angel?

Comment

Insurance advice

Softy;1052304 wrote: You again JC are you a guardian angel?
        :angelgirl:
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Insurance advice

LOL

:HYes I am English:H

Comment

Insurance advice

My Dr knows everything. My notes are not kept in one of those little envelope things but I've got my very own folder.

In the UK no-one can look at your medical notes without your written permission and then you can ask your doctor to give them just the notes that are relevant to your illness.

Two things. I'm a qualified child mentor and when the form asked if I had or have had AL or drugs problems I ticked yes. Then put in the treatment I'd had. I got the position and they never looked at the records.

The other thing was I went for some physio and he had some notes from my doctor but only pertaining to my shoulder nothing else as that's what he was treating.

I still have a pension fund, life insurance, car insurance and the premiums have just gone up because of the annual increment and the blooming cost of living.

On the other hand ask your doctor. He/she will be able to tell you better than me and probably be more coherent.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Insurance advice

Thanks that's reassuring and gives me some comfort I will be honest First time for everything- thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X