Here Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here Again

lolab;1064839 wrote: Hi Leaveinsilence....I can identify, also. I'm only on day 10, but my decision to quit lies not only in the damage that I was doing to my body, but the overwhelming feelings of knowing that I wasn't being the best mom I could be...It's an awful feeling but I'm trying to use the "awfulness" of it as motivation to stop...

I also took AL to bed with me regularly. And I soooo can relate to looking over and if there was some left in the morning - well, why not drink it? And so it starts all over again....

Jump on here as much as you can today - and when you make it, then you can worry about tomorrow...:h
    I also took AL to bed with me regularly. And I soooo can relate to looking over and if there was some left in the morning - well, why not drink it? And so it starts all over again....
    Exactly that..

Day 10, that's great going, :goodjob:

I've been here so many times at day one and it gets to day two or three and think I'll just have one, or I'll nip to the supermarket for something on a night and think... well I'm here why not get one to share with h/b?

Just finding something to immerse myself in later and rounding up my sups from last time and taking them, I can't believe the empty bottles I've just found stashed in the wardrobe and I have no recollection of putting them there...

:thanks::thanks:
    WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Here Again

Lavande said something that resonated with me, on another thread.
      A thought is just that. You don't have to act on it.
      Most of us resist temptations several times a week - yummy food we know we don't need on our thighs, expensive appliances we know we don't need, outfits we know we can't afford, an attractive person when we already have a partner etc. You can apply the same
      principle to the thought that a drink would be nice. The thought that you will drop into the supermarket to get something to "share" gives it respectability when you know it will be your downfall.

Comment

Here Again

I never thought of it that way, yes we all resist temptations all the time so why shouldn't that thought of I'll just buy that wine be the same? It's logical but it just doesn't seem to happen for some when it comes to Al, does it?

I've read through the threads, which I haven't commented on yet as I associate catching up with forum posts I need to make with having a drink of wine, I'm trying to avoid all those things I usually do with a glass of wine or vodka in my hand for a while.

h/b came home to find me buried in a pile of junk I'd sorted out from the wardrobes after I'd put my hidden my stash of empties out in the recycling of course, why had I kept so many old clothes? Easy because it was easy to bury the empties in.

Hope everyone else is doing okay today:l

Comment

Here Again

I am confused about all these letters. What does h/b mean?

Comment

Here Again

sorry honey... h/b = husband

Comment

Here Again

That is what I thought, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification. I see so many of these initial designations and I guess but it is nice to know for sure.

Comment

Here Again

No worries Prancy, I'm still the same with the shortenings of words online I think some sites used D/H...D/S. Darling husband, Darling Son etc..

Right off to bed I think get an early night and think about tomorrow and how day 1 is over, it feels lovely to be going to bed sober and I've got that different kind of tiredness, actual tiredness as opposed to AL induced sleep, I'd forgotten how much I love that feeling.

Night :l:thanks:

Comment

Here Again

Hi Leave: Welcome back,I to thought I was ok to go on my own and after 113 days AF last year, I thought I could have 2 and it just grew from there and it took me 6 months of drinking and hating myself every morning to say enough and come back. The support here really helps. If DG can so can we. You are not alone. Hugs Summer

Comment

Here Again

Thanks Summer:l

Why do we do it to ourselves again and again?

113 AF that's fabulous, are you using the fact that you can do it to help you over the stumbles this time round?

I'm not sure how to approach it this time, I managed 30 days and 20 something days AF last year and I don't whether to keep reminding myself of them or to just start afresh and not see it as some sort of record I have to beat... if that makes sense

I'll rewrite my reasons of why I hate having a drink and the regret of doing so the next morning tomorrow, maybe blog somewhere all my daily witterings about how I feel..

So far I'm just glad to be here once more and to have got past day one...

And now I really am going to bed

Comment

Here Again

No, it isn't easy Leave. Have a good night's sleep.

Comment

Here Again

thanks

Wow knowing how badly i normally sleep because of AL coupled with how awful i slept last time i did all this, i can't believe how well i slept.
                        I could easily still be there now..

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Comment

Here Again

Hi leave,

saw you post in the nest, so glad you got a good night's sleep!

Comment

Working...
                          X