Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky Day 6

Hi everybody here:l!!

After long period of silence i'm here again..i understood that this battle in solitude is very hard... I feel very lonely, i don't meet my friends because they live in different city.. but actually when i'm drinking i want to be alone..I'm afraid that somebody will notice..
    At the moment i have my only daughter who turned 18..she know about my problem, this site MWO, but she's not a nurse and has her own life, school etc. And perhaps she's thinking that miracle will happen and i'll stop drinking..
    Her favorite conversations with me are in my sober evenings because when i drink i want to avoid this harsh reality and hide myself in watching movies (yestarday it was 'Elizabeth"..). i really don't want to contact than anybody..
    Yes, i have issues - finding a new job (from January 12 i don't work), lack of money, feeling of lonliness etc. And!!!!! Only when i 'm sober i can manage to solve all problems which is normal issue in this country..Actually i 'm thinking of searching for a job abroad but i have fear about my AL problem...
    I think i have to solve here where i live at the moment...

I already wrote in 48 hours thread that for me now is a plan to reach Day 6, because my biggest success was 5 days and then i relapsed..
    During the last months i have 4-5 AL free days (it's a big struggle) and tahn 4 - 5 days drinking and so on..

I have a very big determination to reach Day 6 - like so magical number for me now!!!!
    If somebody wants to join me :welcome::welcome:
    Expierienced members perhaps already know this problem about tricky day 5/6 and can share with some feedback:thanks::thanks:
    The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
    /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Tricky Day 6

Your not alone. Day 6 for me today and it was my hardest yet. Glad to say I made it
    Good luck, be strong!
    Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Hi Audrey, and welcome. I am sorry to hear about how you are feeling. I am sending you a big hug across the internet. From what you have written, it does sound like finding a way to stop drinking will really help with your happiness and your situation. So great job on realising this, and trying to fight the battle.

For me, certainly there was trouble by day 5 or day 6 - the weekend! No matter how you slice it, the weekend was where my real drinking happened for decades, until I started to drink a little more in the weekdays, and than a lot more. It is hard to make it through the weekend, with all the triggers, and habits, and lifestyle based around drinking. You can do it, one day at a time. Hang in there.

Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Hi bugalugs!!!! :goodjob: And thank you for support and that you're giving a lead!!!

Hi Hill! :thanks:I wish i could be more near the day 6..My Day 1 again!!!

When i'lll be on Day 5 i'll need your suggestions and support so let's go forward!!!:l

Comment

Tricky Day 6

From my personal experience with smoking and drinking, I was able to make decent progress when the deep desire not to partake far outweighed my want to drink or have a cigarette. There were so many negatives in my mind that were attached to those behaviors that each time I decided to quit I abstained for longer and longer periods. Never give up, if you really want it you will find it.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Hi allswell!!! Thanks!!!

I just got call from a company in wich i went thrue 3 job interviews... And..it's negative...i want to cry..
            And i'm afraid to go out..afraid to buy a drink..
            Never give up...Yes, sometimes i feel very hopeless and i really wanted this jobs..Before interviews i always had al free 4- 5 days and i looked and felt balanced and well..
            Now i have 2 in1 'never give up" reasons...

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Dear Audrey.
              just wanted to write you a short letter.i wish you well on your journey.believe me it will be a wild ride
              with all the twists and turns as a rollercoaster.after a some days of this you'll say "damn that was fun im gonna ride again today YIPPPPY"
              say hello to your daughter for me. take care ole friend.

Love
              Paul

PS, peace in your house
              and your heart
              " Life is good ...then it gets better "

Comment

Tricky Day 6

fixitguy;1053998 wrote: Dear Audrey.
                just wanted to write you a short letter.i wish you well on your journey.believe me it will be a wild ride
                with all the twists and turns as a rollercoaster.after a some days of this you'll say "damn that was fun im gonna ride again today YIPPPPY"
                say hello to your daughter for me. take care ole friend.

Love
                Paul

PS, peace in your house
                and your heart
                Thanks fixitguy for warm words!!!:thanks:

Some years ago i didn't have any idea how fighting with AL issue could be so harsh!!!
                Yes, "wild ride" - as you mentioned...
                I went out shortly and back, bought only water. My daughter is going out to party so i'll stay home.
                Today i don't want to meet somebody, feeling sick - shiver, cold, depressive, anxiety..
                But i know that tomorrow will be Day 2 and i know this good feeling of sober mornings..

Love,

Audrey

Comment

Tricky Day 6

hello Audrey, day six is my best achievement. There must be something about day six. Maybe, it's because most people stop drinking on Mondays...

I am only on day two and am worred too. Do you take any supplements? L-Glut seems to cut my cravings. I will check in with you to see how you are doing. Maybe we can beat this together. You might want to follow your progress on the drintracker. It helps me to see the zeros all lined up in a row.

We can beat this. One day at a Time.

tips
                  Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Tipplerette;1054153 wrote: hello Audrey, day six is my best achievement. There must be something about day six. Maybe, it's because most people stop drinking on Mondays...

I am only on day two and am worred too. Do you take any supplements? L-Glut seems to cut my cravings. I will check in with you to see how you are doing. Maybe we can beat this together. You might want to follow your progress on the drintracker. It helps me to see the zeros all lined up in a row.

We can beat this. One day at a Time.

tips
                    Hi Tips!!!

Yes, Days 5/6 are hard.. I don't know about Mondays.. I last months i actually start my sober day1 in Thursdays or Fridays

I asked in pharmacies - in my country (i don't know why??) there are not L-Glutamine in solo. Only Neurozan (supplement for brain system) contains 10 mg.. At the moment i don't have money for any supplements (and al too..) that's why i'm so upset about my job issue.. I had dream and plans to start new life, earn money and have possibilities for recovery from al..
                    Now i'm doing with resources which i have: a lot water and i drink A LOT (During days when i drink wine i drink water aprox 2l per day too), appropriate food, relaxing music, movies (it's much better insight when you watch movies sober), breathing and my yoga. I do yoga for 5 years (with interraptions of course) and i think it heleped me to save my life till now. Today i did only my pranayama (breathing exercises), felt weak, but tomorrow - "all programm" aprox.1 hour15min. I highly suggest you if you have time and budget to start lessons with teacher if you already didn't do before..
                    During my first sober days is yoga only the tool to reduce anxiety and fear. Could be good to go for me to studio (i went once) but i can't afford at the moment and i'm angry to myself that that money which i spent for AL i could spend for yoga lessons, some beauty treatmen etc. i made a wrong choise:upset:

It's great idea to check each other every day, how we're doing!!!!:l

Hugs!!!:l

Audrey

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Welcome back!

I remember when you were here last - I wasn't successful my last try either - think I maybe made it to 15 or 16 days - well today is 33 for me and something just clicked this time. Don't think I ever gave myself the chance to see just how good sober feels and now I definitely don't want to go back to drinking every night of every week of every year!

You will find your way - hang in there! Keep reading and posting - keep yourself busy with something else during the times that you would normally drink. Don't know if you like tea - I now drink a ton of herbal tea and I really like it!

Just take one day at a time - I still have urges and it's really weird but the advice to just ride them out is really true. Just getting over that initial urge is the key. Good luck my friend - we are here for you!

:l:l
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Thanks Jolie!!!!

Congratulations and hugs!!! For your 33 days!!! For me it sounds like a magic, like a miracle!! But you did it!! Did you go to some AA meatings, had medical treatments or medicine?

Sadly, but when i was a little girl my mother was a doctor, she worked in a mental hospital as GP. It was during soviet time and in hospital was a special department for alcholics..They were forced to go by wifes or other family members, so it was decision of others not alchoholics..So, wierd..My mother was angry that they receive the best treatments, vitamins etc., go out and start drinking again..And i remember this magical number what she told - after 33 days of no AL, blood is finally clean and don't contains any mg of AL..
                        So, Jolie you're already clean, just to have stay clean too!!!!

I really hope that i'll get clean and pure and happy about too!!!

Hugs!!! Audrey

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Hi Audrey,
                          Don't be too hard on yourself for the mistakes made in the past. We have all spent way too much money on AL, not to mention alll the other negative issues.

Keep focused on the future and the positives of staying sober.
                          Best wishes
                          Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Welcome back Audrey! Bugalugs is so right. Don't spend time on the past it will rob time from the future. Keep it going!

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Tricky Day 6

Hi bugalugs!!! Hi everyone!!!

Yes, i have tenedency to tourch myself about past..not only about AL..
                              Will try to go to sleep, here soon will be 1 a.m. Watched "Elizabeth, The Golden age.", i like historical movies and in hard times i like movies about queens, it gives me power...
                              My daughter after party is sleeping over at girlfriend's house so i'm alone..

Feel more balanced but still not sleepy and stressed..i have one CD which i bought long time ago in Spain - Preludio al sueno which means "Prelude for sleeping" - special music therapy. Sometimes it helps me, sometimes i have to repeat cd many times. Another tool is hypnotherapy CD which i downloaded from one site. Hot milk with honey

Good night!!:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                              X