Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to change

hello everyone,

i'm new, having just found this site today. i have been trying for the last 2 yrs to gain control on my own. i know that it hasn't worked. now i drink on the weekends only, but i find myself "looking forward to friday" too much. afraid of my opportuninties during the holidays.

i'll be reading the other posts so that i can get caught up!

glad to know that there are other people in my same predicament.

-in between evolution-
    -maybe, is the new maybe-

trying to change

Hi Treeman and:welcome:

You're right - we've all been in the same predicament but it really CAN get better. Hope to see you around.

Tawny

Comment

trying to change

Treeman, I'll add to Tawny's welcome, glad to have you here. You have found the exact right place to read and post. I've noticed a big difference in my consumption since coming out on these boards! You have found lots of people here who completely understand and are on their journey too. Welcome!
      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

trying to change

Treeman,

Welcome!! Sounds like you are addressing your problem early!! Very smart!!! :good:

Best of luck to you and keep coming back here. I'm pretty new too but it seems like a great group!
        Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

trying to change

treeman: I think that its GREAT that you only drink on weekends! Do you know how hard that would be for most of the rest of us? You've done a terrific job of controlling things yourself so don't be discouraged. Keep that in mind and may it give you strength on weekends and the holidays. You will feel great if you can just drink in moderation on weekends...don't overdo it then you can sort of "have your cake and eat it too" and you'll be proud of yourself. You're a very strong person! You can do this!
          Angel3786

Comment

trying to change

thanks for all the encouragement...i know that i can really screw up at any moment...i do have a track record of bad choices.
            -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

trying to change

Hi and welcome treeman,

There are probably few here who could say they DON'T have a track record of bad choices! But coming here was a good choice, so pat yourself on the back for that. I'm relatively new here as well, and my suggestions are to read and post, it's a great community. Also keep in mind, slipping up once in awhile is not the end of the world, just pick yourself up and try moving forward again. The progress doesn't have to be a perfectly straight line. Good luck and keep us posted.
              AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Working...
              X