Wondering what to do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you all. It all starts with Day One.
    We have all been there. I had a boat-load of "Day Ones" before I finally strung several together.
    Take care of yourselves.
    Love and Peace,
    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Everyone is so kind here.

I pulled through - AF today. Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Comment

Hi all, I got through day one too (congrats bluejay!) sorry I disappeared early last night, I meant to stay on the forum all eve but my son is ill and my hubby decided to come down with it too (man flu :H ) so I had to look after him and we had a very early night as he was feeling so ropey (9pm!) I had a terrible nights sleep - combined efforts of dh snoring, my sweats (ugh) backache and general inability to drop off without my usual AL assistance!! Anyway feeling positive today, looking forward to my interview this afternoon although going to have to take DS to the docs, I think the poor lil dude has a chest infection now

Thanks so much everyone for all the encouragement it is just amazing on this site how much support everyone gives I appreciate all your contributions soooo much!!
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

OOh and spuddleduck shall we go into business together I have the worlds supply of crochet bookmarks already :H
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Morning all,

Hope you are all hanging in there ok! Mauri sorry you had a bad nights sleep the night sweats really suck.

Every one is so right, throw every thing you can at it to slay this beast. I have more day ones than you can shake a stick at. Now I just break everything right down to hourly if I need to, and do what I need to get through the day.

Breaking habits and patterns has been the biggest breakthrough for me. Plus positive re-enforcement to try to rewire my destructive addict thoughts. I have to remind it constantly that I am in charge and right now I am going to have a cup of tea instead. I am so bloody tea'd out, but sober

Good luck every one, I know its such a cliche, but please dont pick up that first drink, its the one that is never big enough!
            I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Oh and the relaxation CD's are amazing, if it all gets a bit much, I go and loose my self in one for an hour and the cravings go.
              I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Hey Mauri,

Sorry about your rough night but you got through it AF!!
                Your plate is quite full at the moment. Good luck with the interview.

Autumn - I have a book called Change for Good on my nightstand.

Thanks everyone. I'll be back later.

Comment

Thanks Bluejay hope you are having a good AF day?
                  Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
                  X