Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello! I'm 36 and need to give up alcohol. I don't have to drink daily but when I do drink there is not an off switch I don't think that cutting down is the answer. I have an abusive relationship with alcohol and have done for around 11 yrs. Feeling a little flat today as I'm feeling such a failure I want my children to be proud of me! Wine and beer is my down fall. Probably have 3-4 bottles of wine a week....needs to stop. Thanks for listening. xx:new:

Hello

Hi Lindseyr,

Welcome to MWO. You and I have a lot in common, thankfully with the help of the fine people here that has been turning around for me.

Keep reading and posting, it does help.

Comment

Hello

Hi Bridget! Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Hello

Hey Lindsey - Wine was my downfall as well. Still think about it at odd times, but being sober is the best think I have ever done. If I can do it, you can too! Stay strong, read alot and post - there are amazing people here who have supported me ono-stop. Best of luck to you friend!
        February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Hello

Hi Lindsey,

I too had no off switch, one was never enough but then neither was seven :upset:

You have come to the right place for sensible advice from people who really care, so join us and we will try and help you as much as we can.

Love Flo x
          Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Hello

Welcome Lindsey, I am the same, no off switch ever and I never feel sick like some people so literally the only thing that ever stops me is falling asleep (or passing out whatever you like to call it) :blush: You will get lots of fantastic help and support here and I am sure that your kids are still proud of you even when you do drink
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hello

:welcome:
              AF Since January 02, 2011

Everything's nice when you're covered with ice, then you open your eyes and it's one big lie.
              ? Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers

Comment

Hello

Welcome aboard

The people here are top drawer. I have been here since Nov. Failed miserably first time but am now trying again and have gone 11 free in a row and 13 out of 14 . If it wasn't for the genrous support of the folks here I wouldnt have got this far. :welcome:
                Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Hello

Hi Lindsey,

Welcome to MWO, a great place!
                  I've been here 2 years this month & looking forward to my 2 year AF Anniversary next month

If you haven't already be sure to download & read the MWO book - you can get it right here on the website. And be sure to look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan.
                  Identifying your triggers & planning ahead on how you're going to handle them will help you reach your goals.

Drop in the Newbies Nest thread & say Hello!

Wishing you the best!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello

Hello Lindsey, and welcome.

Why not start straight away and take one sober day at a time.
                    The days will clock up in no time. I would recommend setting your goal at 3ODAYS AF, and take it from there.
                    I am now 36 days AF, feel a million times better than I did when drinking.
                    Have no intention of going back drinking now, the benefits are just too great.
                    I would highly recommend logging on here as often as possible and just reading the advice and stories.

All the best

Damo

Best of Luck with it.
                    Still trying !!!
                    AF 25th June2014

Comment

Hello

Thanks guys for your posts! Today is day 1!!! So one day at a time! xx

Comment

Hello

Hi Lindsey,

Well done on making the choice of today being Day 1.

I wish you every success.

Love Flo x
                        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Working...
                        X