Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindseyr and Mauritiusdodo's road to AFness starts here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Day 5 and no cravings, I think I needed that last hurrah to show me that I cannot moderate so my mind is on recovery not drinking.

I know there will be challenges, but I think having just gone through 100 days AF and slipping for only a month helps in my strong resolve to kick this addiction in the butt. Not to say that I gained weight in the short time I was drinking again

Keep strong all and chat soon

Comment

Hi All

Beautiful day 5! Cannot tell you when I woke up this great on a Saturday. I just cant remember!

Peace I am following you - day 6 next then on to 100 and beyond, or is that infinity and beyond - too much kid time! - anyway we can do it...

Mauri how was your night hope you got through ok??

Prancy how were your meetings?

Lindsey where are you buddy?

Looking forward to running round like a chook today chasing the boys and will definitely need a little nap before going out tonight. Hope you are all well and that i am not too cheesey, i dont want to lose this feeling and am making it part of my strategy to get thru tonight. talk soon, happy

Comment

Hi all. I finished one meeting with a good outcome and the other one got cancelled. I was so delighted because now I can get the paperwork done and show up feeling ready.
        I hope you are all doing well.
        Our posts really show how we are different from normal drinkers. We are absolutely ecstatic about four or ten or whatever number of days alcohol free and they don't even think about it! It makes me laugh. I had lunch with a friend the other day and she said, oh, I have a drink occasionally but I don't like it much. I think I had a glass of wine last month. And I am counting hours!

Comment

Morning all, I got through day 5 too!!! so pleased with myself, I had another early night (9.15) which is a good job since my DS got me up at 5.50 this morning - yawn - wish I could say I felt better for not having a drink but I am sooooo tired LOL

Happy you made me laugh 'running around like a chook' such an Australlian saying LOL funny to think you are so far away too, I love modern technology! (can't get to grip with what the times mean on our profiles though is it night time there?)

Prancy great you can get sorted for your next meeting, yeah IKWYM about normal people, it always astounds me when folk can take it or leave it or can't remember the last time they had a drink!

Peace you are doing so well I hope you are very proud of yourself Are you in the uk?

Lindsey where are you hun? don't forget we are all here for you whether or not you have had a drink and no-one will judge you either way
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Damo thanks for the well wishes
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hey I've not had a drink!! I've been on night shifts!! Just got in and it's 9am! Bed time me thinks so will catch up with u lovelies later!! So day 4 for me now!! I'm very tired but happy! Sleep now catch u all later! xxx

Comment

Hi All

Beautiful Saturday morning and I am not talking about the weather. I am talking about feeling strong, clear headed and ready to tackle the day.

I am in Canada, the great white north for sure this year lol.

Have a wonderful day all, will check in later..

Comment

Beautiful Saturday here too. Supposed to be 80 degrees and clear. Sorry, all you snow bunnies!
                  Day 5 for me. Last Saturday I woke up hungover and anxious. I knew I had come home incoherent from all the wines I had had trying to cure the hangover from the day before. I told my husband I was going to ride my horse and instead went and drank beer all day to cure my new hangover. Pathetic behavior. Glad I can really go ride today......

Comment

Hey all, sounds like everyone is doing really well and really happy today i have had a lovely afternoon with the inlaws and just off to have a bath now, AF so far but think may have some wine later.
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Maur, you sounded so pleased with 5 days AF. Why would you start the day thinking about wine later? Not criticizing, just questioning. Think how great you will feel if you don't have the wine! Then you can happily say day 6. Just curious.

Comment

prancy;1058880 wrote: Maur, you sounded so pleased with 5 days AF. Why would you start the day thinking about wine later? Not criticizing, just questioning. Think how great you will feel if you don't have the wine! Then you can happily say day 6. Just curious.
                        Prancy I agree here. I know if I were to wake thinking of a drink, then it would be highly likely I would drink before the day was out. Whereas if I just cleared the thought out I'd have a better chance of staying AF.

Comment

Good morning friends! So how are we all today?? I've had over 12 hours sleep so feel good after finishing my night shifts!! Mauri how are you? xxx

Comment

I am STUPID!!

Dunno why I had to have a drink yesterday (well i do but YKWIM) I have seriously done with it now for good though, I can't remember going to bed, was spiteful and horrid to my DH too I am just awful
                            Taking it ODAT

Comment

Maur, so sorry that you woke up to find yourself in bed with no memory of getting there. I hate that feeling. Right up there with the memories that begin to break through about what you did do! It is just a mystery to me why we suddenly think we should have/need/can have a drink when after 20 years (in my case 30) we know what the results will be. Pick yourself up and start over. I have been told that if you really want it, eventually you have enough and get there.

Comment

Mauri keep smiling! Don't beat yourself up too much!! Start afresh! If it helps I'm having a glass of wine with dinner tonight however I've instructed hubby to not let me have any more after 1! Oddly enough over the last 5 days I've not missed the alcohol! Figure I need to control myself and not let it control me! Some might say I'm being STUPID but I guess I'll be the judge of that tomorrow! Mauri I really do hope u r ok?? xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X