Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking Friends for Support

Hi Everyone

My first day was yesterday - not too bad, today is day 2, woke up this morning for the first time in a long time with no headache, no stomach ache and didn't feel at all nauseaus. I am taking Naltrexone (2nd day), can anyone tell me if they have had experience with this med. I'd really love to chat to some people and hear their stories.
    Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Welcome Kaza, I have no meds experience so I can not offer advice but I did want to welcome you. Good for you on your day one. Hears to many more days AF!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Welcome, Kaza!

You might want to click on Naltrexone in the Meds Forum....lots of stories from people who've experienced it. I took it for a few weeks and it did help, but the problem is....you HAVE to drink on it, and I didn't want to drink at all, so I take Baclofen.

Congratulations on your AF days, too! Keep it up.

Comment

Welcome Kaza,

I don't have any personal experience with the meds either but as Rusty mentioned you'll find more info in the Meds Forum.

Congrats on your AF time, I wish you the best!
        Please drop in the Newbies Nest for more support

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Welcome Kaza you will find loads of support on here I don't have any experience of meds either but there is plenty of info available, good luck on your af journey
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hi hunni, welcome.
            I can't say anything about what you're taking as i've never tried it. I lived on antabuse for a good while but then came off it. I actually went to a hypnotist as kinda like a final resort thing and that was over 3 months ago and i haven't drunk since. not saying it was a miricle but i found a lot more will power from somewhere which i've used to the bone.
            we're all here for support and we all support each other. in the end, we're all in the same boat, you'll find some people have learnt to row it, some may fall out, most get in again BUT we're all learning and we will all get there!
            You're doing FANTASTIC!

Comment

Hi kaza!!!

Welcome and congrats on your Day 2!!!!:welcome:
              I'm on my Day 7, it's getting better.. First 4 days were the most tough.. So, just pass them..
              You'll do it !!!!

A
              The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
              /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Hello to you all

Wow how wonderful to hear from you all and your kind workds of encouragement and welcome are just so appreciated. Take care and I wish you all total success in everything you do. I'll keep you posted.

kaza xxxxx
                Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

:welcome:

Hi Kaza, congrats on taking the first step and dipping your toe in! Welcome, I hope you find the help and strength here that I discovered. Everyones stories can really help your daily resolve.

Stick with us, and keep us posted if you can. Wishing you luck and best wishes

:l
                  I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Hi Kaza,
                    Welcome to this wonderful group, you will find it a great support.

Comment

Hi All you lovely people

Hey Audrey congrats you must be feeling great! Hey Lavande I did drop into the Newbies nest this morning and said G'Day. It took me a while to find them - being new I'm still not sure around the site yet but I'm getting there. I just keep sending messages and hope I'm doing it right. I've seen a couple that I have written so it must be okay.

It's taken me a couple of days to find you all again as, as you know I'm a Newbie. Day 4 today, got up in the early hours of the morning and logged on. I've gotta say it was insane cos I felt so wide awake and good I had to talk to my friends again. And here I am again still feeling great, I don't know if this is a false sense of security and I will come crashing down, but I'm taking it one day at a time and loving it. Had a really vitriolic call from my sister last night and I felt down but I felt so sorry for her because she had had too much to drink and she was screaming abuse at me, she ended up hanging up on me. So I went to the fridge to get a wine put it on the table, talked to my husband and threw the drink away as I decided I didn't need it at all. WOW, HOW'S THAT! That would never have been the case a week ago. I would have drunk the whole glass and got another one. I've lost a kilo in weight in 4 days, not trying to lose weight, but it's just happening which is a big plus as I've put on a few kilos over the last few months, obviously due to my alcohol issues. I told my husband yesterday about how you had all rallied around me during this time and talked to him for the first time about my alcohol consumption. I had tried to hide it a lot of the time, but always had a drink in my hand by noon on a weekend, he said that he had known about it and I asked why he hadn't said anything. He just smiled and said he was waiting for me to realise, which I now have. He says he is very, very proud of me and what I am attempting to do. I say attempting because as we all know there are so many things that can trip us up and I have read quite a bit on this site which has helped me to prepare for some of these things, but with all your friendship and support I know I can get there and I'm certainly here to do the same for you all. I was blown away when you all wrote to me offering encouragement, support and friendship and I do so appreciate it - it's like I now have an extended family - a great feeling. I hope you all have an absolutely super weekend. I will be hopping in and out and I reckon this is my new addiction, the Forum chatting and feeling healthy again for the first time in a very long time.
                      Love
                      Kaza xx

Comment

good one kaza

Hi Kaza

How good is that, it is difficult enough to hold up day to day but its so great you held up under that sort of pressure, well done for pouring the wine out. I'm a bit like you I started on the site before I told my husband and it kind of gave me the strength to be honest with him, even though he like your hubby knew already. I read the complete MWO book yesterday and honest to god its like life repeating itself the stories in there could be me or anyone of us.

Anyway hope you are doing well over the weekend, post if you need to. I am waiting doing cab duty for kids at the moment and Mr happy is doing cricket duty. Keep saying i will check in after the week end but i am kinda gearing up reading through the posts as i am out tonight and dont want to slip, read your post and was inspired to reply.

Comment

Keep up the good work Kaza you are doing an amazing job :l I like the newbies nest and try and pop in every day
                          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Morning Kaza,

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to every one, i hope every one is hanging in there

Kaza you are doing fab. It helps to chat to your husband, he saw probably more than you realised.

Have a great weekend, just think how great you will feel on Monday morning knowing you will have woken up sober and clear headed:cheering

Yay! bring it on :H
                            I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Good Morning to all my wonderful Friends
                              Again, I am blown away by your support, friendship and care. Couldn't sleep last night - had to much energy, so got up and had 4 whole wheat crackers and a glass of warm milk, normally that would be a glass of wine or three!! I just have so much energy in these past few glorious days, that I don't want to waste a minute of it. Yesterday (Saturday) I decided to go to my Beautician and have eyelash extensions - wow, hubby reckons he gets windburn every time I blink at him (it's great fun). It's my birthday soon, so I'm going to do something really different - I'm going to get hair extensions - that will be interesting!! My husband just smiles and keeps encouraging me which is great. I want to do different things and experiment with things that never crossed my mind in my befuddled alcoholic state - I feel like I have to just try everything like a kid in a candy store. My husband went fishing this morning so was up very early, I was going to get up then, but thought no, weekend sleep-in, however, I was wide awake and rearing to go so got up and did a few things and thought I'd check in to see how all my new Friends are going. After my eyelash extensions yesterday we went to the pub - which is a normal activity for a Saturday, but I was good and didn't give in, hubby bought me a drink - out of habit I suppose, but I left it, and drank water. We then came home and just watched TV together (drinkless of course - which was unheard of the previous weekends gone by). I had a jacket potatoe for tea (with no butter - also unheard of ever before, cos I love butter - but everything seems to be changing including my appetite and tastes, quite strange, but nonetheless interesting. And still losing weight which excites me no end as I have been trying for a few months and nothing happened, which of course now I know it would be because of my vast consumption of alcohol. Mind you I wouldn't have believed that to be the case in my previous state of mind - which would have been fuzzy. It's a glorious day here, beautiful weather, so instead of sitting down and drinking from lunchtime on and into the night, I'm going to get out in the garden, go for a walk and do some exercise, and then do the usual things to get ready for another week at work. Very boring I know, but before this "awakening" the day would have consisted of absolutely nothing being done except drinking and laying around reading - Ugh - don't get me wrong I love reading and it is a fantastic form of relaxation for me - but when I have finished everything else I've planned and sit down to read -this time I will remember what I have read!! Well you lovely people, I had better stop prattling on and get busy, have a great AF day everyone and thank you all for being there, it's a fantastic feeling, I couldn't have gotten to this point without you.
                              Kaza xx

Comment

Working...
                              X