Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next step - Day 14 or 2 sober weeks...

Hi Audrey,

I just wanted to say a huge well done on your journey, and you are being so incredibley strong. stick with it. It is so very worth it in the long run. It will be amazing to reach the point in your journey when you can look back and realize that being sober FAR out ways drinking.

Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute if you have to. Spring will come soon.

A wish you all the luck in the world with your job interviews.

:l
    I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Hi Audrey, I agree with you that our "aura" or "energy" or whatever you wish to call it is significantly decreased over time as our body has to fight the poison of alcohol. I have noticed a huge difference in myself, and in a friend of mine who is now 5 months sober. As self esteem increases along with "liking" oneself again, this helps to build for sure.
      Keep up the good work,
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

autumn;1058607 wrote: Hi Audrey,

I just wanted to say a huge well done on your journey, and you are being so incredibley strong. stick with it. It is so very worth it in the long run. It will be amazing to reach the point in your journey when you can look back and realize that being sober FAR out ways drinking.

Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute if you have to. Spring will come soon.

A wish you all the luck in the world with your job interviews.

:l
        Thanks autumn for your appreciation and words of comfort:thanks:!!!
        I really need them because sometimes i'm very demanding to myself that's why now i'm with clear head judging my "activities or actually non-activieties" during last 2 years..

I have this sensation that i lost huge part of my life..especially after 40 every year is golden worth!!!!!..i'm looking back and i understand that i unconsciously tried not to live but slowly go away from this life..i know the reasons but it's long story..i didn't want to do it..so who??? A terrifying feeling..

Ok, returning to my movie evening (The merchant of Venice) I'm obssesed with Venice and 16 century recently
        The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
        /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Sunday, Day 10.. -12' outside... Inside.. Unbelievable that 9 days passed in clear mind...

Comment

Congratulations Auidrey, you are realy doing great! Keep it up and hope you enjoyed Venice!

Comment

Audrey - congratulations! I can totally relate to a lot of the things you are saying. I've been living my life in a "fog" for probably the past 5-6 years. You are encouragement to me....I'm right behind you on day number 7 today. Keep it up!
              Gidget 1016

"Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out":h

Comment

Hi Patrice!!! Hope you're on your AF road!!!!

Thanks mylife!!! Yes, i have been in Venice for 3 times and it's really mystery city... 2 times with man and one time with daughter..The last one the best:H i mean from traditional traveller's point of wiew ..

Hi Gidget!!! I'm happy that i can inspire somebody Congrats on your FIRST AL FREE WEEK!!! So, tomorrow you'll start WEEK 2!!!! We will reach our goals together!!!

Tomorrow's Valentine..Ooo... I'll have my first job day first in my life as baby-sitter..I was a 'baby-sitter" for my own baby who's now 18.. So, i'm little bit nervous how i'll deal with so small..only 7 months...so, my Valentine will be 7 months old Vincent (his name):H
                But i'm happy that i feel well and sober..i can't imagine to deal with a baby with hungover or drunk..

Day 10 complete.

Wish you all peaceful sleep, calm and positive toughts and happy Valentine yet with or without Valentines!!!

P.S. Listening Cassandra Wilson..silky voice..gentle jazz..

Comment

Day 1 again.. Had 2 days with AL..:upset: In the evening of Valentine i didn't resist...Was very stressful day but i still managed..than went to supermarket and all this people and valentines...felt lonely and sad...i know that this feelings are very dangerous...so, i bought red wine..after 11 days of detox i had next day hungover..after my job drunk again..today i have free day and time to cover. I'm sick with some flu so will stay in bed with my pc and books and water and tea...

I'm sorry that i ruined my nice and clean 11 days:upset:.. still i'm happy that i hade this 11 days AF...

Comment

On the road again...
                    Day 2 complete. And it wasn't so incrediably hard..
                    It could be my 14 days today...sad but reallity is different..only i can admit that this 11 days were very important in recovery so i now can be so quick back on my sobriety road...

Wish you all peace and sunny and sober morning tomorrow!!!

Comment

Just consider those 2 days a bump in the road.
                      Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Hi all friends on Sunday evening!!!

Wanted to say that i'm doing well and this "2 day bump" on the road as bugalugs told wasn't a big issue..but i think if i didn't have this 11 AL free days behind me could be much harder to start again sober life..
                        My job with a baby is helping too..today i was invited to participate a christening ceremony so it was a bright and nice event..and i got a new, great friend who's helping me very much with my problem..

So, after my "bump on the road" i had 5 sober days and continue...

Wish you a strength for the next week!!! :goodjob:

A

Comment

Working...
                        X