Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still sober :)

Hi gang,

haven't been able to get on to post but the good news is that I have managed to use the advice given here to help me to remain sober. This is my twelfth day and boy does it feel good! A combination of the things I have found out here and also, reading Allen Carr's book seems to have helped me to start to look at things from a different angle. I have a long way to go of course, but this is the longest AL free time I have had in a long time. So thanks to all for the support, encouragement and the invaluable wisdom shared here. You are all AWESOME! :thanks:

Still sober

Well done Vintage girl!!
    Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

Still sober

:goodjob: Vintage Girl! So happy that the sober life is agreeing with you. Keep up the good work! For me life keeps getting better and better. Hope it does for you too.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Still sober

Great stuff VG, keep it up, almost 2 weeks now, which is a brilliant achievement.
        Really hope you continue your new sober life.
        Well Done

Damo in Dublin
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

Still sober

Vintagegirl :goodjob: almost two weeks that is fantastic!
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

Still sober

Thats FANTASTIC! You're FANTASTIC. Keep strong... you're doing great!!!!

Comment

Still sober

Nice one!! I feel the same way too - coming up for 7 weeks though I found once I was past the 2 week mark, the days started to accelerate and then the weeks just began to accumulate.

And am feeling pretty darned good on it so I hope you can keep going - it's totally worth it.
              Bean

Comment

Still sober

Good on ya VG! The first few weeks are tricky so you've got through that - now start reaping the rewards!!
                Hi Damo, how you doing? you were going away weren't you? How did it go?
                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Still sober

Thanks all! It is guys like you long termers, and damo and bean on 6 and seven weeks that really keep me going! One of my excuses for drinking has always been that my job is 'stressful'. The funny thing is, now that alcohol hasn't been in the equation, it hasn't been half as stressful because I am better equipped to deal with it! I have'nt been counting but I am pretty sure I started on the 1st, so that means tomorrow will be two weeks.

This place is such a wonderful support and even helped me when I couldn't get online. Thank you all, please keep posting, you don't know how many people you help!

Comment

Still sober

Hey Vintage, congratulations on your two weeks of being sober, that is awesome. It's great that you are starting to see the benefits already, with your stress level going down at work. Keep reading and writing lots. As you know, it's a tough battle, but you can do it.
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Still sober

:goodjob: Vintage!

You are doing awesome!
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                      X