First day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day

HI Everyone, It's early in the morning and I've decided to make Feb 14th my first AF day.
    The bottom line is loving yourself enough to stop the madness. This has been my issue.
    I'll try to post my story later today. Leila::h

First day

Welcome Leila! I hope you have a wonderful DAY 1 and Valentines day!
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

First day

leila;1059978 wrote: HI Everyone, It's early in the morning and I've decided to make Feb 14th my first AF day.
      The bottom line is loving yourself enough to stop the madness. This has been my issue.
      I'll try to post my story later today. Leila::h
      Well done leila on making that commitment to yourself. You have found a great place to start, read as much as you can as there is loads of fantastic help to be had here!

Comment

First day

Hi leila,

:welcome:

Comment

First day

Hi Leila!

Welcome to MWO & congrats on making the great decision to quit drinking now

Be sure to download the MWO book from the Health store to help you get started.
          Wishing you the best!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

First day

Hi Leila, and welcome. You can do it. Fight the battle. Let us know a little more so we can help, read and right lots.
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

First day

Hi Leila - Valentines day is a great day to choose as Day 1. Hope you had a fantastic day and are looking forward to day 2!

This has been a great thread for me: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Have a wonderful day.

Comment

First day

Hi Leila
                Hope you're still going well.
                Urge surfing is a good tool. When you get a craving, or experience a trigger it seems very powerful and you feel like you aren't strong enough to resist. In fact it's temporary and loses power the longer you ignore it, delay gratification and distract yourself by doing something else. Sometimes it can even hlep to analyse what trigger has made you want a drink and imagine how the rest of the day will pan out if you give in. After a time the urge goes away and you realise you have done without it. When you notch up a few of these you realise that you do actually have the power, not alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                X