BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Here I am on day 2, already feeling somewhat relieved that I'm not walking around in a haze. Once again it feels like sober is the new drunk (i.e. getting a high from being sober rather than the other way around, if that makes any sense?) I need to be careful, however, because the days seem longer when I'm sober and therefore I need to keep busier.

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Hey bee, love your avatar! Well done on getting through day one and good luck for day two, IKWYM about keeping busy that is the key to success IMHO ...
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Just wanted to say hi Bzz.

KG

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Hi Dodo, Thanks for the compliment about the avatar. Indeed, keeping busy is key for me. It's not so much that I crave, but more that I get bored. If I let it happen, the default state would be vegging on the couch with a drink in my hand.

Hi KG, Thanks and Hello to you too!

Great to meet you both.

Bzz.

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Yeah the boredom factor is a killer, I have taken up two new hobbies to keep me out of mischief - crochet and mehndi - neither can be done with glass in hand and both require lots of concentration maybe you could find something new to occupy your time?
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

For this evening I watched some TV and DVD's to keep "busy", LOL. I had a couple of wobbly moments, asking myself why I didn't just have something to drink, just a little bit... but I managed to fend off the thoughts (not really cravings, I'm not sure) and here I am almost at the end of day 2 AF. It wasn't difficult, but it wasn't easy either. I wonder what day 3 will bring

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Bzz, I take it you have a plan to go AF for an extended period? I know you're familiar with the site, and places to go for support, like the Toolbox, but just wondering.

Sending you peace and strength,

KG

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Thanks KG. I don't have any detailed plans for now, other than ODAT. I'm certainly not going to commit to a specific AF goal like I did last time around. That put too much pressure on me, and when I didn't meet my own goal it made me feel like a failure. Then, after failing I went into "what's the use of trying?" mode... Until a few days ago.

I know everyone is different, but for me I need to feel safe, and if that means not making any commitments for now, then that is how I prefer to handle things. So, I guess my plan is ODAT

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Bee...I just wanted to check in and say hi and welcome. It's day 9 for me and this site has helped me tremendously. Best of Luck!!!!:welcome:
                  Gidget 1016

"Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out":h

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Hi Gidget, and thanks for the :welcome:

Well done on reaching 9 days!

I'm about to start my 3rd today. I got up a bit earlier than usual so I can actually spend a bit of "me time" before starting to work. Normally I get out of bed at the last minute, feeling groggy. I can't say I feel fighting fit, but at least I'm feeling slightly better already. Let's see what the day brings...

Comment

BzzBee62 Progress Thread

Well done Bee. That problem of not knowing what to do with yourself when you aren't drinking is common to most of us. But then we aren't doing anything when we sit and get drunk. It's just that we don't care after a glass or two, whereas when we're sober we are aware of the inactivity. Keeping busy is a good thing, especially if you can take up something new that you like.
                      :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                      X