No announcement yet.

Hi folks, I'm saying goodbye to 30 odd years on the juice tomorrow, res detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks, :new:
    I've been a heavy drinker for years but now I've decided to grow up and face lifes challenges sober!
    Tomorrow is the first day of my new life AF. I've been seeing an alcohol councilor on a weekly basis for sometime now and the sessions have really helped, therapy based around cognitive behavioural therapy. For me this, so far, has proved to be a very useful tool. Tomorrow I go into residential detox for a week to dry out safely then lots of work on relapse prevention. I'm lucky enough to have a good support network around me but am delighted to have found this site.:thanks:
    Wishing you all well,
    Acorn

The VERY best of luck Acorn, fair play to you for seeking help, whatever works!!

Please let us know how you get on...xx
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Wonderful Acorn! Welcome and best of luck to you! Looks like you know what to do and we wlil be here to support you in your journey
      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Welcome, Acorn.

Sending you peace and strength,

KG

Comment

Thanks for your words of support folks, I'll post on my return from detox as there isn't any broadband access. A little apprehensive as to what to expect but at least I'm in the right,safe place.
          Keep well,
          acorn

Comment

Acorn,
            I have had plenty of years on the stuff myself and am now 8 days without. Very, very best of luck to you and I will be looking forward to hearing about the relapse prevention strategies!!

Comment

Be strong and be assured of support here when you return.
              Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Best of Luck Acorn,
                I wish you well and success.

Damo in Dublin
                Still trying !!!
                AF 25th June2014

Comment

Good luck with the detox Acorn. Glad to hear you've found something that's working for you at present. Always keep an open mind though.

Many Blessings
                  Phil
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Best of luck Acorn, hope the detox works for you
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hi Acorn, and welcome. I really hope that your week goes well. It is awesome that you are ready to start your new life af. You can do it. Let us know how you are making out.
                      Hill
                      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Best of luck to you and let us know how you are.
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Acorn - a big :welcome: to you my friend.

You may already be in detox so please come back when you are done!

Looking forward to getting to know you.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Hi Acorn and Welcome
                            This is a great place to be - I'm a Newbie but have made wonderful friends who are caring and supportive and no-one is judgmental, just caring. So good luck with the detox and we'll talk soon when you come back. I just know you will be fine. Kaza x
                            Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

Welcome Acorn! You can do this!

Comment

Working...
                              X