Where did you hide it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the bump!

In my gym bag. That also helped to carry out the empties. :egad::shame::shakingno:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

My ex gf was the one hiding them on me! She couldn't go without a drink in her hand but she could see I had a problem. After we broke up I was living alone so I just stayed home.
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Usually in the garage in boxes high above the floor so that no one could find them. Then I would find empties I had forgotten about !!! How damn pathetic!

Comment

In the garage
          in the car
          in the greenhouse
          in the garden..literally ..in a box in the soil
          on the garage roof
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Blimey, I think I've done just about all of the above, even the basements the sheds, the out-houses! And don’t mention the bin stores! They stank! If I wasn’t crouched in them, decanting vodka into an empty water bottle, I was stuffing vodka bottles wrapped in newspaper into the black bags, the night before the bin men came. I’d have to wrap them in paper as there was sooo many and I couldn’t risk them clanking together!

Never did the chicken broth container in the fridge as DH is a vegetarian & we don’t eat meat at home, so he'd smell a rat on that one!

And yes, I am mortified to admit even when I lived alone, the wine would be happily sitting in the fridge but the vodka was always hidden in a wardrobe or a drawer.

OMG! The Vodka bottle in the communal toilet cistern at work! And It's my business! I had a heck of a lot of explaining when the cleaner found it and gave it to DH! I tried to look surprised and exclaimed “who could off put that there”, but of course he knew it was mine.

I could never ever leave home without it vodka a water bottle, flying was a bloody nightmare as you had to drink it or dump it at security. Then what if hubby wanted a quick swig? I’d be rumbled. Holidays used to bring me out in a cold sweat as it was almost impossible to find secure hiding places in hotel rooms. There was only the wardrobe, make-up bag or empty cases! And of course the handbag had to be able to fit a bottle of wine in, not negotiable.

There was the neat little nook tucked away at the back of the kitchen cupboard where a bottle of vodka tucked away snuggly out of site. I always petrified getting caught by DH whilst I topped up. Only it took too many seconds to unscrew the lid and made the tell-tale noise. So that was changed to a squeezy sports bottle. A much swifter and quieter manoeuvre!

What I hated was always the fear of getting caught red handed, either mid pour with the vodka bottle in my hand or DH just finding the empties I’d stashed willy-nilly all over the place. And the icy cold dreaded fear that would decend over when you reached your hand into the hiding place to find it empty.....
            I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

I guy I was in rehab with takes the cake for most ingenious hiding place ever. Apparently no one in his household ever gardened, so he would drain the hose, fill it up with vodka and screw the nozzle back on and take a swig as needed.

I had a girlfriend who's younger daughter was a cocaine addict and cutter, so try as I might to stay ahead of her, I never was able to. I used the spare tire wheel well as well as empty pockets in my clothes and she eventually found those subterfuges. Also used an unused refrigerator. I eventually started buying 50ml bottles because those were easier to conceal and started hiding them in shoes.
              First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

When the wine had run out I used to take a photo on my phone of an already open and part drunk bottle of Vodka on the side in the kitchen. Drink what I wanted and then, using the photo, refill the bottle with water to the exact same point on the label. Vodka was rarely drunk in our house so I was relatively safe until the next time I went to the shop. I bought a new bottle and drank that down to the same point on the label, swapped them over, and was still left with a part used old bottle, albeit watered down a bit. When that was gone, I went to the public recycling to dispose of it so it wasn't in the home recycling bin.

When I told my wife about that one recently her reply was "Did you think I was stupid? I worked out what the photos were on your phone ages ago!"

Comment

bump

Comment

I am getting seriously anxious reading this thread! Two things that brought me right back -- the panic at the thought of someone finding the empties, or that a bottle of wine is missing. And the terror of discovering you're out of alcohol for the night. I'm literally in a cold sweat.

So thankful that is all behind me, but boy did this thread hit a nerve.

Comment

That reminds me, I still can not find a flask of bourbon I hid somewhere in the second floor of my home one night. Two years ago. I sure when it appears, it will be embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                      X