Definitely not the most important thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But will the facial redness fade and will these tiny broken blood vessels on my face repair or disappear or fade over time? Like I said, while appearance is definitely not the most important thing, I thought if I could add it to my list of reasons to stay sober.....my skin is becoming more hydrated in just a week, but up close it looks awful...
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Yes Lola, your skin WILL clear up. It may take some time but maybe with some restorative creams and LOTS of water you can speed up the process. I didn't have the redness or broken caps but I did have the extreme puffiness and increased worry lines (gee, I wonder why?). That has pretty much gone away now, as has my hoarse voice. Keep up the good work-you're on day 8 or 9 now? Yea!!!
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Thanks for your reply papmom3...that is very reassuring. I'll have to look into special creams and see if there's anything that might help. Right now I have some nice stuff with DMAE in it. And I'm drinking sooo much water - I'm glad you're appearance is returning to normal and that I can hopefully look forward to that....(although I'm not sure what normal is anymore).

Yes, today is day 9 for me!!! I've had a couple of "fairly" easy days to avoid it, but today is back to the routine and I'm anticipating some difficulty when I get home from work...but maybe not! I did ok with the weekend - I know some days are going to be worse than others - I just can't be caught off guard. I have my bubbly selzer with lemon as my substitute "treat" which is funny because I never drank anything with any "fizz" - LOL - at least not since long ago when I was a beer drinker...:-)

It's always nice hearing from someone who has been successfull and I see your journey started close to a year ago - that's inspiring!
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Here in the UK a friend recommended Lacura Q10 restorative cream and also Lacura beauty serum. They are only available at Aldi AFAIK, but they are really good and pretty cheap too compared to some of the other creams out there. I have been using them for a few weeks now and can see a difference

Comment

hi

Hi Lolab,

Just wanted to pop by and say very well done on your 9 days that is wonderful.

I definately think my face is looking a lot better too and its only been a while since I stopped so there`s hope I will still be beautiful one day

I agree I love that cream from Aldi and at only ?2 a pot I bet the big brands are spitting feathers lol.

Take care Love Flo x
          Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Hi lolab,
            Don't think we've 'met' but just adding my hellos and :goodjob: on 9 days. It will get better, hun. Honest.

Oooooooh I'm in the UK. I love finding new creams and potions so I'm going to give that one a bash. Thanks for the heads up ladies.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hmmmmm...we have an Aldi - I wonder if they carry the same things as the UK? I will check! Thanks! I do think that the puffiness - that I didn't even know was there - has reduced...but at my age, I can't get any makeup on without using the magnifying mirror as my vision took an even bigger nosedive starting at 40 - LOL! and when I see my skin magnified - oh MY! It's awful!
              ~

Comment

thank you JackieClaire - another long timer - I love it! You're proof to me that it CAN be done. :-)
                ~

Comment

Nice to meet you too, lolab.

I've found an Aldi not far from my house and it's open late so I'll be trundling up there later.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

hi

Hi Jackie,

I`ve just dashed upstairs and the brand is either Siana or Lacura.

The day cream Siana has a dark blue lid and the Night cream is Lacura and has a light blue lid and they smell lovely too.

OOh and whilst your`re there can you get me some potato`s and parsnips as they are on the super six at 39 p a bag :H :H :H

Luv Flo x
                    Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

OH! I thought the brand name was AFAIK - LOL!!!!!!!!!! oooh boy, I guess I've definitely killed some brain cells along the way....:H
                      ~

Comment

Hi

Hi Lolab,

That is sooooooo funny !!!!

Could you imagine you asking the manager for that, he`d have thought you`d have lost your marbles

Love Flo

Comment

Flo, you are such an enabler...I just returned from Aldi and found the Lacura line! They have so much - foundation, mascara, eyeliner, nail polish, eye shadow, lip balm, in addition to the skin care. I returned with mascara, eye shadow, day cream, night cream, lip balm, and facial cleanser - LOL. I can just imagine asking someone there if they have the AFAIK brand.....duh. I totally would have done it too if I hadn't kept reading the thread...

Oh and aldi is RIGHT across from one of my liquor store stops and I DIDN'T!!!
                          ~

Comment

woohoo, look at us girls, sober AND beautiful! :H

Comment

Whats the perfume like on that girls? They stock it here in Oz Aldi but a girfriend said it was heavily perfurmed....might investigate, would love a little magic potion!

Comment

Working...
                              X