X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not the most important thing

lolab;1064345 wrote: OH!
    I thought the brand name was AFAIK -
    LOL!!!!!!!!!! oooh boy, I guess I've definitely killed some brain cells along the way....:H
    I just saw this and spat tea all over my keyboard! Sorry, my bad! Let me know what you girls thinkk of the Lacura products

Comment

Hiya Ladies !
      Just couldn't help myself barging in on your beauty convo here ( I am even worse in real life)

I used to use Aldi in Europe 20 years ago and loved it .
      We have it here in Australia, and I recently discovered Lacura on a friend's recomendation.
      Apparently the Lacura range ranked really well in an independant consumer poll here recently.
      The night cream was fabulous. The day cream highly perfumed and, although good, probably not ideal for sensitive skin. Facial milk is brilliant.
      Some of the makeup is fabulous inc. foundation.

Re the broken blood vessels on your nose/face...they definitely clear up. I also used hirudoid ointment on mine for a bit. It is traditionally used for hemorrhoids, but acts to constrict blood vessels locally. You can also use it under your eyes to reduce puffiness and dark circles. Not that you'll be having much of that any more :H

Hardest thing is going into a chemist and asking for bum medication (no really....it's for my face/friend/mother) :H

Sorry for the ambush girls.
      Bridget.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

hey bridget, you are welcome. Sharing beauty tips is an absolute must so all input is welcome! The Lacura beauty serum also topped a consumer poll here, and is only ?3.99 or something, compared to some of the prices out there it's really cheap.

I did find the day cream quite heavy at first, but it is very effective and I got used to how much to apply etc. The serum itself is to die for. Light, not too fragranced and so refreshing. I also use their make up remover wipes, again, excellent value.

I haven't tried any of the cosmetics yet, so thanks, I might give the foundation a go

I have a gay friend who used to swear by haemmorroid cream for removing dark circles after a rough weekend but I never did try it!

Comment

Hi Bridget - definitely not an ambush! Thanks for the reaffirmation that the broken blood vessels will clear up. The way I'm looking at it, This can't be just one thing I change about myself. I'm going for an all out inner and outer OVERHAUL!

So, I did a nice highlight job on my hair, too and since I'm feeling so much better about myself, I am going all out and got some new makeup and skin care to speed this healing process along...:-)

I was so tickled with myself last night - at running to the store at 5 PM. Typically that wouldn't be possible - as I usually rush around after picking my son up - get irritated if there is too much "running around" to do after school - because all I want to do is get home and start drinking - if I haven't already. Last night I felt free at driving sober and a little self indulgent at spending $24 on "cosmetics" - LOL.

I didn't see the serum or facial milk at the store. I may have to go back! I tried the Q10 Restorative cream for Mature skin - when I returned from the store and it felt great. I didn't find the fragrance too strong. And then I used the Anti-wrinkle night cream last night - loved it and the fragrance is very "fresh". My skin feels so nice this morning! hmmm...hemorrhoid cream, huh? heck, I might try it!:moon:

Thanks for all the great recommendations!
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Thanks Bridge, list for today expanding, go to meeting, give blood, buy bum cream....

Just to expand on our french, bought metro sexual eldest son his refill on his neutregena wave cleanser thingy, and the new packs are blackhead specific with french subtitles, so he now has "coussinets desincrustants points noirs". Somehow desincrustants sounds wrong.....

Comment

Sounds posher than blackhead scrub.
              Why don't we have an Aldi here, I wonder?

Comment

You will sunshine you will. They do seek world domination you know.

How is it all going over the Tasman, has your daughter settled?

Comment

LOL. A little more competition in the shopping wouldn't hurt here.
                  Yes, she's fine. Rightly or wrongly it doesn't take long for it all to seem surreal.

I'll be interested to see if all these creams make a difference. It can't hurt can it.
                  I think my skin is better when I'm AF mostly because I remember to cleanse, tone and moisturise rather than crashing into bed with it all still on.

Comment

I hit Aldi last night and got the serum stuff, some nail varnish and shampoo and conditioner. Errm in fact we filled a trolley. Loads of veg. Also had to test their chocolate, liquorice allsorts and fruit gums. Very, very nice.

You're definitely onto something there dancing, I'm the same.

I think my skin is better when I'm AF mostly because I remember to cleanse, tone and moisturise rather than crashing into bed with it all still on.
                    Really interested to know how we all fare smothered in the various lotions and potions.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I think my skin is better when I'm AF mostly because I remember to cleanse, tone and moisturiserrather than crashing into bed with it all still on.
                      I hated when I did that, panda eyes, mascara all sticking to your eyelashes, yech! Here is link to one of the consumer test results on the Lacura serum.

Anti-Wrinkle Aldi’s Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum Is Best - Softpedia

I have been using it for about two weeks, my skin does look heaps better, but I have been sober for three weeks now which can't hurt either!

JC, they always have great deals on veg, I haven't tried the other goodies you mentioned though! (not yet, but I'm making a mental note right now!)

Comment

I wonder if we have any of these stores in Canada?? Off to google....
                        Change your thoughts, and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

Comment

I went back last night....it was just fun being out after dark...;-) But out store did not have the serum or facial milk. I haven't really gone to Aldi's before...is it possible that they'll have those things at another time?
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

I went back last night....it was just fun being out after dark...;-) But out store did not have the serum or facial milk. I haven't really gone to Aldi's before...is it possible that they'll have those things at another time?
                            Where are you lola? Might just be out of stock, but I think it would have said so on the shelf. Google it and add your country, that should come up with some results

Comment

I'm in a small town and our Aldi's reflects that...;-) They don't seem to have a huge selection of anything - so I was actually surprised that they carried the line at all. I will try your tip VG and google it and see what I come up with - unfortunately the last time I went, I had to have my son read all the labels on everything because I was without my reading glasses...:dunno: so couldn't even see if there was an empty space on the shelf!
                              ~

Comment

Working...
                              X