So tired with the struggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I go again trying to get sober...poured out a 1/3 of a bottle of wine from last night. I drink 1 or 2 times a week and usually up to 1 bottle of wine, but one glass is never enough, EVER. God I hate this disease that I have struggled with for 35 years, my health/life depends on me quitting.
    Began AF journey AGAIN 02/24/2011

Here, you are not alone. I am 5'4" too and outweigh you by 10 lbs these days. I have also struggled with this horrible disease and habit for 35 years. It is hard to believe -35 years is a damn long time! I also drank mostly wine and could drink a whole bottle, and sometimes start on the second......my tolerance was all over the place on different days. Sometimes I could drink a bottle and not feel good the next day but remember everything and not act drunk. Other times I would not remember going to bed. Over and over. I know it is very hard to give it up but I think it is getting even harder to keep going on in this manner. Let's help each other. I am here for you.

Comment

Prancy, I'm crying as I read this because I have the same exact responses to alcohol as you do. Makes no sense how we can be all over the board with tolerance and lack of. Yes, let's support each other, I want to see my grandchildren grow up. Thank you....we may be many miles away but your response feels like a warm hug. Thank you again.

Comment

Here, my response WAS a warm hug and here comes another one. Wish I were there to give it in person. LOL, we would probably be weeping all over each other....

Comment

Oh for sure. I'm telling you, I'm so sick and tired of this rollercoaster and I'm getting too d**m old for it. My family does not know about my binges, they think it's an occassional glass, but hubbie knows. I have had so many quit dates that if I had a dollar for every one I wouldn't have a financial care in the world. I was going to wait a week AF to join and then realized how crazy my thinking is when I'm in the day after fog and then a week later I feel like I've conquered it, only to hit the whole bottle again! One day at a time, one hour and sometimes one breath.

Comment

here4hope,

The arrival of my first grandchild is largely what made me commit to an AF lifestyle. That was nearly two years ago & I'm much happier & healthier. I have 2 more grandchildren on the way & I will (God willing) be here to see them all grow up

It's tough but you can do it! A good plan & a strong commitment are both required. Don't forget to use the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas for your plan.

Wishing you the best!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Here, I just posted to you in the nest, but thought I'd visit in person. Welcome, stick around. We are all in the same boat and we understand. :l

Comment

here4hope,

Hope you have; find your faith and lets get going! I resemble all of you but I was drinking more. I was on a black-out binge. I have 2 grandchildren and Lavende, you are right, let's not lose another moment of any day,

We are here and you can usually find me on another thread, just holler, I am just a thread away.
                Hang in here!

Lady
                The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Thank you all so much for the support. I have 2 days now AF (which for me it's the weekend or any night that I don't have my grandchildren the next day). I told my husband this a.m. "don't do me any favors and refill the wine supply, I am sick of losing days because I binged the night before". He agreed, I know he know's there's a problem but he's such a good little co-dependent (sad really).

Comment

Hi all-
                    I have been on this site lurking for a while now and have posted before, but now I am ready to end this struggle! I am so sick once again from drinking too much wine at girls night out. Probably close to 5 glasses?? I was literally in bed all day. Not good. I am losing control over it and I want to gain it back. One is definitely not enough for me, and now two isn't which scares me to death! I am only in my mid thirties and really want to stop! Let's do this together, one day at a time!!!

Comment

Hi I am in that boat too so really understand the struggle, but I have faith and its great that we support and help each other.

Comment

oh my gosh, I think that this is the thread for me. How to get my daughter to forgive me? I had to much to drink at her party last week(she is 27) one glass of wine is just not enough, cant keep count....I good if I never start but once I start?????

Comment

Hello Here for hope, bald headed babies, and other threadian's,

Dependence on the booze was a seemingly never ending cycle for me, like you, for many, many year's. Just know this. You already have the tool's within you to beat this and reclaim your life, your soul, self respect, dignity, your good look's, your relationship with yourself (and other's), and your pride. The booze, and the routine fog and familiarity, and the percieved need to get numb, are all a lie, and a complete waste of our time. You can do this, but i know for me at least, i had to want it more than anything in the world. Yep, we must be as greedy, as ruthless and as selfish as we are when drinking with our sobriety plan, and taking that action. If getting sober means not going to social event's, family, work, or otherwise, do it. If we have to 'hibernate' and stay away from our 35 year drinking buddies for a few months till we're strong enough in our sobriety to be around alcohol, do it! This place is full of useful info and inspiration as you know. You must do this for you, above all, then the rest (family, friend's, relationship's) can fall into place. You are not alone, and many have gone before you. Get a plan, and take action. You can do it. Go for it!

Best wishes, and don't forget yer https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks Guitarista...all so true. I had a sober Friday and feel productive this Saturday. First time in a long time. Blessings to all.

Comment

here4hope;1066468 wrote: Thanks Guitarista...all so true. I had a sober Friday and feel productive this Saturday. First time in a long time. Blessings to all.
                              That's an ass kicking start. Bravo friend, and go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X