I'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back

I joined MWO last year and was doing very well. I did 4 months AF at the end of last year. I started moderating at Christmas. I was doing ok. Now I am not. I've just had a bad binge and feel very down. I know I can do it. I should have stayed close to the site. I have had no sleep for days. Today is going to be hard! Any encouragement would be apprieciated.
    :thanks:
    :lilangel:

I'm back

Spinning J, it's great to hear from you, of course it's not great to know you're not doing well. You feel down and unhappy - you know that's down to the drink. So, solution 1/ don't drink - I'm not being facetious, truly, get a couple of days AF whatever way you can - whiteknuckle, meditate, medicate whatever, and you will start feeling so good by day 3 it's like a miracle. 2/ Hang around here, you were such a strong person and I always enjoyed reading your posts, it'll come good. Drink the water and we are all here for you - and the sleep will come back - your body can't stay awake forever!!!
    Sending hugs
    Molly:l
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm back

Thanks Molly. Your post has made me feel better.

Comment

I'm back

Hey Jenny,

You came back to the right place, fair play to you. We are all here to encourage you and we have all been where you are now...so on with the Big Girl Pants and lets get to work...

Be good to your body today, as Molly said, get the water into you, try to eat something light and rest up as much as you can, this shite feeling does NOT last forever and every nasty feeling you will have from now on in will just be a sign of the horrible alcohol leaving your body..

You can do this....
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I'm back

Thank you! Got hubs around today so thats good. Why do I always think I can moderate after a good stint AF? When I don't drink I just don't drink I find it easy then bam Im on a binge and I can't get enough. I act so out of character it's scary.

Comment

I'm back

At least you know now Jenny..MODDING DOES NOT WORK...once you keep that in the forefront of your mind and dismiss any thoughts that it can be done, you are halfway there..

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I'm back

Hi all I am in a similar position to Spinning J and I have been doing reasonably well then last night had a few this morning full of anxiety and guilt. what a mess!!!

Comment

I'm back

Hey Duncan,

Let this be your Day one.....same advice as for Jenny....lots of water and and rest and have a read of the toolbox thread, lots of great ideas and tips in there..

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I'm back

Me too. Its the anxiety I can't handle so I drink! When AF I'm never get anxiety! I feel guilty too I've let my family down. We can do this . Hope you are ok DD

Comment

I'm back

Here is a link to the toolbox thread which is located in the Monthly Abstinence section

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

AF 10th May 2010
                    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I'm back

One2many thanks for the advice going to stay online all day. Get some fresh air later and try to sleep.!

Comment

I'm back

Good woman jenny, I used to live here in the early days, it really was a lifesaver...

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I'm back

Stay strong folks. Modding has never been able to work for me, ever. I think it's just a way for the neglected beast to keep one foot in the door and try to fool us after so much hard work. With the good advice given above and a couple of days things will be back on track.
                          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I'm back

Thanks allswell. Modding doesn't work for me! If I think I will try it again in a few months I will read this back. Just read my posts back and I was so happy AF. Drinking is so boring and such an effort and takes my joy away!

Comment

I'm back

Welcome back Spinning, you are in the right place.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X