Four weeks later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four weeks later

I hope this is not boring everyone but here i am another week later back from the pub after eating my traditional Friday evening meal and for the fourth week not drinking alcohol. That is 28 clean days today. I never thought at the start I would get this far but the longer without the easier it seems to just fall into a new routine without the booze. I am not complacent. One slip and I am back to day one again. Just like landing on a snake and going back to square one. If this in any small way helps inspire and motivate someone else it is worth posting. Look back to my first post in November entitled Alcoholic or mid life crisis and you will see what a dark place I was living in. Life ain't a bowl of cherries just yet but the nights are getting lighter and so am I. The wallet is getting heavier and a holiday will be getting booked somewhere nicer this year. Good luck to all. KEEP ON KEEPING ON
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Four weeks later

Softy, that is a lovely post. It made me smile as I read it! You sound so strong and focused and yes of course complacency can become the enemy - but a bloody easy enemy in comparison to booze!! Just keep doing what you are doing - and it just keeps getting better and better and somehow so much less important. I have lapsed twice after about 6 months - head-wreck material, no reason, no cravings just......I don't know why, it's a very dangerous disease, but I LOVE BEING SOBER! Just watch your back and that dark place never needs to be revisited! Good on you and thanks for reminding us all why we are here and sharing a good news story with us
    Molly
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Four weeks later

Softy,
      There is absolutely nothing boring about hearing good news.EVER.

And it's lovely to know you're aware of the complacency that can creep up when you're not looking.

You certainly have come a long long way since November, you're doing grand.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Four weeks later

Good for you! I am with you. I don't want to drink again and I certainly don't want to step on a snake(??)

Comment

Four weeks later

Softy, :goodjob: Like Jackie says, it is never boring to hear good news. Good for you. Give yourself a big pat on the back. As Molly said, thanks for sharing with us and please do keep us updated.
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Four weeks later

Obscure

Thanks all. It may have been a little obscure but "landing on a snake" was a comparison with a game of snakes and ladders. Thankfully we don't have any real snakes where I live (apart from a few people I have to work with). I have more ice cream in the fridge. Is there a MWO forum for people addicted to Ben & Jerrys I wonder? That'll be my next step.

Comment

Four weeks later

Awesome news to start the weekend! Good for you!
              February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Four weeks later

I remember your first post Softy and its great to see you so positive . Now you know you can have a life without drink ruling it / you . Enjoy the ice cream you earned it .MM
                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Four weeks later

Wow, you can go have dinner at the pub and not drink, that's amazing!!

Comment

Four weeks later

Awesome post Softy...you made my day. Don;t you hate those snakes at work!!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Four weeks later

I can now but there was a time not too long ago that I couldnt stand a day without a drink. It is the team here that have helped. Look how many replies I have had to this post in less than an hour. :thanks::h

Comment

Four weeks later

Softy,

Keep going! You have and will help people through this. 28 days is awesome and I can't wait until I can say that too!:clapclap:

Best of luck,

Lady
                        The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Four weeks later

Softy in name but not in nature!! Good on you for sticking to your guns and actually doing this. I bet you feel absolutely amazing each time you leave the pub and have not given in and so still get to do something you enjoy minus the bit that made you unhappy.

Great post to read going into the weekend. As others have said - this type of post is never boring. Keep sharing the success!

Bean

Comment

Four weeks later

Good for you Softy ~ the sweet sounds of success
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Four weeks later

:goodjob:

Comment

Working...