Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips?

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms, been al free for 11 days but still feel nauseous, this can come on any time of the day or night especially after food and I can not be very far from the bathroom (don't want to go into too much detail this early on a morning!)
    If anyone else has experienced this I would be happy to know if its normal? how long does it usually last ? and could it be I have done some serious damage to my insides through years of abuse? :upset:

Any advice appreciated...:
    :thanks:

Any tips?

Hi Bungle, well done on your 11 days, that is fantastic! Don't know about the nausea, maybe your body adjusting? If it persists it might be worth a trip to the Doc's It might not even be related to AL . Not much help, am I? But i hope you feel better soon, giving up AL is worth it!

Comment

Any tips?

I don't know if you are following the mwo supplements dosing schedule but if you are you may want to lighten up on the magnesium. What you are talking about is a side effect of too much magnesium in the system.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Any tips?

Bungle, keep up the great work on being AF!

in addition to Sherri's observations I'd like to add the following two cents:

anyone who has a history of even moderate (let alone heavy drinking) will have badly damaged/permeated gut. "leaky gut" and it wont necessarily fix itself. Thankfully L-glutamine is very beneficial to gut health as are probiotics such as this:

Baby's Jarro-Dophilus

also try to wean yourself off of sugars if possible.

let us know how your doing.

be well
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Any tips?

Sheri;1066428 wrote: Hi Bungle,

Congrats on your 11 days! That's awesome!

I had low level nausea from drinking that continued on even after I quit. It's not uncommon for alcoholics to suffer from malnutrition and hypoglycemia, both of which can cause nausea and it takes a while for our bodies to heal. Are you comfortable going to your doctor? If not, I would definitely recommend taking supplements (I used the ones recommended by MWO) and following a diet for hypoglycemia to see if that helps. Here's some information from Seven Weeks to Sobriety to get you started if that's the route you want to take.

Identifying & correcting the biochemical disruption of hypoglycemia and alcoholism

I would also recommend drinking lots of water with freshly squeezed lemon in it (not the fake stuff). Lemons help stimulate the liver and kidneys and is good for gastro upsets (including nausea) and digestion. It's best if the water is luke warm or room temperature and start with 2 glasses in the morning and continue sipping throughout the day. If you google "Benefits of Lemons" you'll see just how wonderful they are.

Hope this helps.

Sheri
          :thanks: Thats brilliant .

Comment

Any tips?

Thank you guys for your great tips very much appreciated , I will keep you updated.

Comment

Any tips?

The information on diet is very interesting. I read the suggested article with fascination as I have for years had hypoglycemic symptoms. Even as a very young child, I was given to suddenly fainting if I stood too long in a line. Always thought it was weird and have continued on the have lightheadedness. I always thought I had hypoglycemia but I never connected it to consumption of alcohol.
              Having said all that, I also think that there is a great deal of anxiety and stress connected with quitting drinking. For me, anxiety also causes nausea and other distresses related to the functions of the body. I am 19 days AF and am still having a lot of those symptoms too. I think it is all connected for me, giving up drinking, associated anxiety and remorse, distress about the past and fear of the future. That's enough to make anyone's breakfast go bad on them!!
              I think time will help as long as we keep staying away from the poison!
              For what it is worth from someone only 19 days AF.

Comment

Any tips?

Prancy, I think 19 days is terrific. Way to go - keep it up!!

Comment

Working...
                X