Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again

H Everyone,

I have been coming to this site on and off for a couple of years and have even posted a couple of times, but have lurked for the most part. Anyway, like all of you here, I have battled my love affair with AL and realise my problem and want to deal with it.

I am very proud to say today is Day 11 AL free, and it feels fabulous.

Last night I watched DH have 2 beers, followed by a bottle of very good red wine, followed by a cognac, before I went to bed and left him there. I was really tempted with the wine, my poison of choice, but knew one sip and I'd be away........

My initial goal is 30 days AL free, I love this site and read many many posts every day to help maintain focus. Thanks for all your stories, honesty and for such a great community.

Louie

Back Again

Louie, good to have you here. Many of us are with you on your poison of choice. Pull up a chair, grab a fizzy water and your computer and share your journey with us as we will likewise share ours with you. Leave the beer, wine and cognac to the DH, who will probably be rewarded with a nice headache tomorrow!

Comment

Back Again

Hi Louie
      Good for you. How was your DH after that lot?
      Congrats on the AF days.

Comment

Back Again

Thanks for welcoming me back guys, I really need the support.

DH was fine - well, slow this morning, but at work.

Dancingon, I see you are in NZ, I am from Auckland. My thoughts and prayers with everyone in Christchurch. I hope you and your loved ones, family and friends are ok.

Comment

Back Again

Welcome back Louie and well done for not joining hubby in a drink that must hav bin tough. Well done and keep coming here for support.

Comment

Working...
          X