Five Weeks Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five Weeks Later

another self indulgence from me but I love seeing these posts build up week by week. From One Week Later I am now on Five Weeks Later - 35 days AF -a major boost to me and my self esteem. Do I feel like I am 15 again. No. I didn't expect a miracle. But it is nice to know I can do it and can get in control. I would dearly love to moderate and may have another try at some stage but history tells me it is All Or Nothing with me and the drink. So for now it is simply ODAT
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Five Weeks Later

Now this has put a smile on me gob
    I remember your first posts.....look how far you have come now!!
    Impressive Softy, very impressive
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Five Weeks Later

As I said - self indulgence so I am not really fishing for praise - but your kind words are well recieved! KEEP ON KEEPING ON everybody. You are kind when I am wiinning but I know you will be just as kind if / when I fail. Hopefully not for a while yet though.....
      Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Five Weeks Later

Crikey I'm a bit slow tonight, Softy. Let a squirrel beat me to it.

You're doing fabtastic.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Five Weeks Later

Softy,

Well done, but if I were you I wouldnt moderate, i tried that over xmas after doing 30 days n I ended up back drinking more than ever after a few weeks, all the good work undone, and now I HAVE to do it, see my other current post.

Good Luck
          AF 3-3-11
          1 FEB 2011 new crusade (failed)
          Stopped AL 17 November 2010 did 30 days
          NF since 1992

Comment

Five Weeks Later

Hi Softy, and excellent work. You really should be pleased with yourself. What you are doing is not easy in the least.

You mention "dearly love to moderate". The fact that, for you, you realise this may indeed not be a good idea is important. As you set up new goals for yourself, fighting that exact temptation, may need to be one of them. The lure of moderation for some, is very dempting.

Keep adding those days together.
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Five Weeks Later

I'm at 50 days AF today, and much as I'd like to tell myself that moderation is a possibility, I don't feel at all confident about that. I just can't see any reason to test it right now, and maybe not for a long time in the future either.
              What's the rush? This is working today, and I think it will tomorrow, too. Keep at it, softy.
              Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

Five Weeks Later

Hello all, I am new here. I am going to start over on Wednesday this week. I was sober for 19 years and went back to drinking moderately three years ago. I do believe I was happier and way more FREE without the drinking. My problem is I look forward to my wine every night and that doesn't allow me to do anything else. So while i enjoy my evenings at home I am also a prisoner to the wine. It scares me to star over so i may be logging on to get a boost form all of you. Thanks!

Comment

Five Weeks Later

MDMA, 19 years!!! That is fantastic.
                  You know you can do it already and you say you felt better and more free without it, so jettison the wine and substitute something else that doesn't make you obsess. That constant thinking about when you can have that first drink and then how long you must wait for the next is CRAZY-making. Good luck. Healthy, happy days ahead.....

Comment

Working...
                  X