Learning Along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning Along...

Hi! I am so grateful that I found this site/message board today. I love and care for someone?s in recovery?and someone?s not yet in recovery. I have been researching addiction for over 15 years in effort to support my adult son in his addiction challenge. I am also an addiction and mental health advocate;participating as a member of a parental advisory board for a non-profit organization with the mission of supporting parents in the prevention, intervention and treatment of addiction in their teens. Inspired by all I learned as an insatiable researcher-mom, I am currently a counseling student and am trained in Motivational Interviewing.
    I'm passionate about what it is that I can learn and share that will serve to increase access to a "menu" of options for people to choose from in the journey toward sustainable recovery. The My Way Out approach makes good, good sense. It?s nourishing "food for thought" for the journey. I am going to pass this great site along to my loved ones and others who are seeking to increase their recovery options and support resources.
    Best to you all. And, thanks to you all for being exactly the who that you are... and for sharing with so many. Every day I have more and more hope that my loved one can continue to increase momentum by making small, yet, powerful change-turned huge leaps toward the sustainable peace and health he seeks and deserves. That hope is encouraged along because of perspectives and efforts like the ones here. In gratitude for that, PJ. Peace...

Learning Along...

Hi PJ.

Glad you find the site also.
    Hopefully if you have spare time, you may be able to offer some expert advice from time to time. All support is appreciated.
    I wish your son all the best and hope he beats his addictions.

All the very best

Damo
    Still trying !!!
    AF 25th June2014

Comment

Working...
    X