cant make it happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant make it happen

This is my first post. I have lurked around this site for a few weeks, trying to gain the strength to say it - I have a drinking problem. I dont want to say much more right now but this seems like a great place for support. Why is it so hard?

cant make it happen

Wish I knew the answer

There are more experienced cleverer people than me here fortunately so you will ge good advice and support. It is very brave of you to post what you did. Good luck and welcome:welcome:
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

cant make it happen

:welcome: sober for good,

Not going to overload you with advice. Just wanted add my hellos. Keep reading and keep posting.

Have a look in the tool box link below, loads of help and good reading in there.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Glad you've found us.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

cant make it happen

Welcome Sober. Good for you for posting. I agree that it's hard. But, you will find a lot of support here. Hang in there and keep reading & posting. There is so much good information here. Try to come here as often as you can to ride out the cravings.:welcome:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

cant make it happen

Hi and Welcome,
          I'm not sure that anyone really understands why it is so hard, it just is!

What I do know, is that you will need support and you have come to the right place. There are so many fabulous people here.

Stay focused on your future and best wishes.
          Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

cant make it happen

Hello sober for good

Brilliant start! It is hard, but it is also beatable. Very glad you found this site, and looking forward to getting to know you. Keep reading and posting.
            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

cant make it happen

Hi SFG and :welcome:

I can really relate to your post. Drinking was such an integral part of my life - ALL of my adult life - it felt like the floor was falling out from beneath me to admit I had a drinking problem. There is life without AL. Might be a better life than you ever imagined.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

cant make it happen

hi Sober for good.
                There r lots and lots of kind folk here who will help you on your way. I think its amazingly great that u have said you have a drinking problem. There is a good community support care love group here...cling on when and if u need it. Fantastic You for seeking support. Bella XX

Comment

cant make it happen

Hi SFG,

Welcome to My Way Out.
                  Hopefully, this is the start of being Sober.
                  You have come to an amazing place if you are looking for support, tips, advice and just a shoulder if you need one to get you through this.
                  Why is it so hard ? because Alcohol is so bloody addictive.
                  But you CAN beat it.
                  Its tough at times, yes , but if you can get through the first few days, you will reap the rewards and feel so much better, mentally and physically in a short space of time.
                  Log on as often as you can and just read, write, and explore all the different sections of the forum.
                  There is so much good will and support here.

Very best of luck

Damo:welcome:
                  Still trying !!!
                  AF 25th June2014

Comment

cant make it happen

Hello Sober, and welcome. When you are ready, it would be great if you tell us more about yourself, your situation, your drinking etc. Admitting that you have a problem is a great first step. Deciding, that you want to fix the problem, and tackling day one, is now the hard part.

Why is it so hard? Great question. The human brain is so compicated, and cool, and mysterious. When we add un-natural toxins in the brain, even more complicated things happen. The bottom line is that you have lost power over alcohol, regardless of why, and you CAN fight this battle. You can win the power back.

Keep us posted,
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

cant make it happen

SFG, Welcome!

Lots of good advice here already.

Sending you peace and strength,
                      KG

Comment

cant make it happen

Just wanted to add my welcome SFG, love your name, that's really something to aspire to

Comment

cant make it happen

Hi SFG!

Welcome to MWO, this is such a good place!
                          We all agree, it is so hard to admit having a problem with AL. For me it was like throwing my hands up & surrendering....giving up. But once I did give it up, everything started to get much easier

Look in the Health Store here for the MWO book, You can download it & read it right away. It's a good place to get started.

Wishing you the very best!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

cant make it happen

Sheri, you are amazing. Your posts are so important; I hope you are always here to inspire and teach us.

xx,
                            KG

Comment

cant make it happen

well, "sober for good," your first post and first thread. (Great moniker, by the way; leaves no doubt about your goal.) You've had lots of great, supportive responses. And now it's up to you. Every journey begins with a first step, and only you can decide if you're ready to set out. We all wish you the best, whatever you decide! You can do it.
                              Jib
                              Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X