Today is day one.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is day one.....

Shiner so happy for your having made the decision to stop. Definitely sounds like the right thing to do. You sound so honest and sincere, I really wish the best for you.

xx,
    KG

Comment

Today is day one.....

Shiner-- I was an HFA too but the inner turmoil was driving me nuts. I started sleeping much better after the end of the first AF week-- maybe you will too!

Comment

Today is day one.....

I hate not sleeping, so I asked a doctor friend of mine what to do. She told me Benadryl is harmless (even pregnant woman can take it) and it is non addictive. I took one last night and still didn't sleep so well but I think our bodies are so used to going to sleep (passing out) that it might take a few days to get a great night's sleep. I don't like recommending "pills" for anything because I have a tendency to become dependent but since Benadryl is non addictive and you don't get high on it it might help you get some rest. Also Melatonin is an herb that helps sleep but taken too often might cause depression so I don't take that, and Valerian root is another herb that has been helpful to me in the past.

As you can tell I Hate not sleeping well!!!

Comment

Today is day one.....

Shiner - :welcome:

Please don't get discouraged by the sleep troubles. They will gradually get better - I'm having the best sleep I've had in a very long time!
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Today is day one.....

Jolie, what other benefits have you seen in last couple of months AF?

Comment

Today is day one.....

I too found it difficult to fall asleep the first week and stayed awake much longer/later. However it does settle down and when I wake in the morning I feel like a completely different person to when I was drinking, and by completely different I mean so much better, awake, refreshed (even though I still tend to wake in the middle of the night), happier. Hope it settles for you soon.
              AF since 27th February 2011

Comment

Working...
              X