Six weeks later....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six weeks later....

Still going.....back from the pub having had my pints of soda whilst Mrs Softy drank wine. That's 42 days today. Initial plan in my head was 90 days. I couldn't bear the thought of giving up for ever. Nearly half way there. When I get there I will hope to choose to do another 90 and then carry on like that. It isn't easy and still find it hard from time to time. It is boredom that makes me want to drink more than anything now. KEEP ON KEEPING ON! :h
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Six weeks later....

Well done softy, 42 days is brill, keep to your plan and one plan at a time.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Six weeks later....

Yo Softy,
      I was waiting for me Friday night update.

Ooh and I have to tell you as well as Grasholme for fishing, we're also going to Fontburn in Northumberland and as he's my favourite Uncle he says I can take Black Bess.

Not long 'til the finer weather, well less rainy anyway. You'll be on the canal bank before you know it.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Six weeks later....

Maggots

Bought them today - going Sunday early on. In the past it was always four cans of beer in the keep net keeping cool in the water. How desperate was that. And I was only in my early 20s. Warning signs were there. This time it's a flask of coffee and lots of fresh air. Bacon butties when I get home. What could be better. Have a lovely weekend and stay strong all.

Comment

Six weeks later....

Well done Softy, I really appreciated reading this right now. I THINK I am on day 39, that whole 28 days in february thing confuzzles my brain. I am now aiming for 60. Then 90, etc etc. I totally understand the 'forever' thing, but it's great right now just setting goals and achieving them.

I can tell you are really looking forward to your fishing trip, hope you catch a big 'un!

Comment

Six weeks later....

60 90 120 150 180 210......365

That's the plan anyway. As for fishing I will probably catch no more than cold:H

Comment

Six weeks later....

:goodjob: Softy, you are doing great, keep it up.

I havent ventured into a pub yet, apart from going for dinner on a Sunday afternoon.
              At the moment, a few hours in a pub drinking soft drinks doesnt appeal to me, and worry it might be too tempting at the moment.

I also think we need to work on the boredom.
              I was feeling the same way. The novelty period of staying AF is gone.
              Every Friday was a big drinking night for me. I made myself go for a swim this evening and am delighted now that I did.

Monday to Thursdays dont seem so difficult for me but weekends are still tough which is why I think it needs to be planned better.
              But really loving weekend mornings , GAA with my son and Sundays is my "long run" day .

Hope all our well
              Damo
              x
              Still trying !!!
              AF 25th June2014

Comment

Six weeks later....

Spot on

I don't find going to the pub that hard for some reason as I usually go to eat. Keeping the boredom at bay is a big big problem. I definitely agree with the novelty wearing off comment. Six weeks seems to be a bit of a barrier. Hopefully the fishing, lighter nights, gardening (which I hate but has to be done) and getting back to the gym (if I can get myself in gear) will mean I am too busy to be bored. Keeping busy is boredom's enemy I guess.

Comment

Six weeks later....

Hi Softy. I am day 47.Well done for staying sober in the pub. I have stayed well away from the pub. I have ordered some antabuse for pub nights though and they have arrived so I might try it one of these days.Just want a break from the whole scene for a few months to be honest so Im in no rush.
                  I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Six weeks later....

Coalfire, just make sure you don't drink on the antabuse, it can cause bad reactions like an allergic attack if you're stung by a bee and allergic. Close up your airways, etc. If you do drink then take tons of benedryl asap. It will get better but not great in an hour.

Comment

Six weeks later....

Thanks Brunn. I havent used it this time round yet though i used it years ago. I just like to have it though like a child and its comfy blanket!
                      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Working...
                      X