Can I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do this?

Excellent Mario. I never heard that one before and I have read it 3 times now in one sitting! Ozigal no one will give up on anyone. Like wagoneer said some day it will just click. PS mario is that one in the toolbox? I think it should be.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Can I do this?

I will put in now coalface.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Can I do this?

Thank you marioface:H
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Can I do this?

Ozigal, you may not be able to slow it down. A lot of us wouldn't be here if we could just slow it down. If you're worried about withdrawl you may have to consult the doc for medication, and you may find that wasn't as bad as you thought (although I can't talk as I still haven't told mine). On the other hand, a number of us who were drinking similar amounts to you have gone cold turkey,without many symptoms. First of all get a plan together, list your reasons and set an achievable goal (whatever that is to you). Some people seem to be able to do it straight away and others take a few falls first, but see it as an opportunity to learn. Eventually, something clicks and you become more proficient at resisting the little voices in your head

Comment

Can I do this?

Thanks dancing.

Last night I only had half my usual amount of wine. I feel dissappointed that I haven't yet had even one AF day, but I also feel a little bit happy with last nights amount.

Onwards and upwards, I am feeling more positive that eventually I WILL do this!

Comment

Can I do this?

Ozigal,
              Well done on cutting back. Stay focused on what you have acheived and where you want to go.
              Sounds like you are optimistic today!
              Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Can I do this?

Thanks Buglalugs, I didn't have my first drink until 7pm, so that in itself was an achievement! I know it's not good enough yet, but I WILL get there.

Comment

Can I do this?

Well done, Ozigal. Good plan to delay the start of your drinking. My worst crave time is between 5 and 7, and if i opened a bottle at 5 I knew I would be tempted to open another bottle, so I made sure it was much later. Once I started trying to go AF, I made sure I was busy and out of my usual routine between those times, and if I could delay until after 7.30pm I knew I had a shot at not drinking at all that night and would sit down with a coffee.
                  Use your usual routine to work out a plan that works. Meanwhile, ones night's success is worth a pat on the back.

Comment

Can I do this?

Hiya Ozgirl I wish all the best in what you wish to achieve. I have no real words of wisdom as I'm still struggling to but I'm sure as you posted on my thread before we CAN do this. Stay Strong. :h

Oh and Mario I LOVED what you wrote that is so TRUE

Also sorry cant remember who wrote the allergy to AL but loving that to

Comment

Can I do this?

Thanks Dancingon, my worst crave time, like you is 5pm and after! I will do what I can to distract myself as I know that does work.

Thanks Pyes for your words. We CAN do this. How are you going?

Comment

Can I do this?

Well, last night 1 bottle (750ml) plus one glass. So, still happy to not be going over the litre mark. I know it's still way too much but I am working on it, promise!

I am just going to keep posting my progress here if that is okay, then I can read back on it when I need to.

Thanks again for all your wonderful support.
                        Ozi

Comment

Can I do this?

How did you go last night?

Comment

Can I do this?

Hey Ozigirl how you doing. I'm ok this is my 4th day AF just taking it hour by hour, if I think future I start to freak a little. I hope your doing ok to post soon.
                            Pyes :h

Comment

Can I do this?

Thanks bugalugs and Pyes for asking after me.

Last night I was very bad indeed, almost two bottles. I just can't work out why I can't be strong like some of you guys.

Well, it's nearing 5pm here in Oz, so fingers crossed I can hold off. I am so sick of this!

Comment

Can I do this?

Ozigal,
                                Be strong!
                                Hope you go better than I did today

Comment

Working...
                                X