Day1, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day1, help please

WOW again, thanks for all the great thoughts. Like I said, I've be lurking for a while...I never realized how great it would feel to get involved in these conversations. Well finishing up day and am pretty worn out. I'm still feeling some withdrawal but getting better. Have had a couple cravings but fortunately AL is still with husband. I often gone several nights but eventually I talk myself into the idea that I can handle it, I just needed a break. I can't handle it and have got to face up to that. Have browsed the toolbox many times but this time more of it is sticking. Thanks again for all the kind words.

Comment

Day1, help please

Hey spunky! Welcome and congrats on day two.

One of the things that really helped when I first went af was to identify my trigger points and plan ahead. Stress and Friday nights were a big one for me so for the first wee while I planned to so things on Friday nights that meant I didn't go straight to the pub after work. For stress, I came onto mwo and sought advice from people who I now consider good friends. I also posted my plan which made me feel more accountable.

Good luck on your journey. Have a look through all te different threads and join some. Post often. We are here to lean on.

Xx
      'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Day1, help please

"I also posted my plan which made me feel more accountable"-cassia

I wish I had realised earlier just how useful that was. To all newbies you should try that,even once. You might be suprised how helpful that is. It can be a small plan even eg I am going to drink a soft drink at the restaurant tonight. When you get there you remember your post and you dont want to cheat yourself. Try telling 3 different people about a plan you have and it becomes much easier to stick with it I think.
        I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Day1, help please

Hi Spunky, just wanted to welcome you and see how it's going for you now? Are you still AF?

I am a newbie and need all the inspiration I can get!

Take care,
          Ozi

Comment

Day1, help please

Winding down day3 and still AF. There have been some moments when I may have caved if there was anything available, but it hasn't been bad enough for me to go out. Today, after work, I had to go to the grocery and I had to walk past the wine isle twice and wasn't even tempted. For me that's HUGE! I'm trying to focus on trigger moments. So far it's after work and tired and have to flog the kids through homework. So...it makes me feel kind of bad that I see my kids as a trigger for wanting to drink. I need to think more on that! I'm still working on my toolbox. So far what's helped the most is posting these notes and the fact that I opened up to some close family members about the problem and now have some accountability with them. Thanks so much for the help.

Ozigal, You're thread is one of the first I started following when I started this. Good luck in your efforts...let's work together beating this

Comment

Day1, help please

Hey Spunky congrats on day 3. Don't feel bad about the kids being a trigger, our AL fuzzy brains tell us all sorts of things are triggers, its all part of it's deceit and conniving. I would be triggered by good news, bad news or no news! The most important thing is that you recognize it and can plan in advance to alter the usual pattern of events. I agree posting is hugely therapeutic so post away! I'm sending you strength and peace.

Chill
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
              X