Not exactly new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly new

Hello to you all, I am as the title of the thread suggests, not exactly new here but i did not know where else to start. I was a member some time ago, though I never posted, just watched, quietly got sober alone and then... well then I disappeared for the reason I suppose alot of people do. That was a year ago. So I'm back and I don't even know if I'm ready to try again, but I'm ready to try and try. I hope to maybe make some friends here, maybe find some hope and get myself moving again.
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Not exactly new

Hello, and welcome back In Chains. We all have to make that first step somehow, and you have just done that. You got sober all by yourself before, well done for that! Imagine what you can achieve with the support you can get here?

Welcome again, please stick around.

Comment

Not exactly new

Hi there InChains, and welcome back. How appropriate a name, for that is how it feels for us all when we lose the power over alcohol in our lives.

If you are ready, give us some more information about how much you drink, how often etc. As you know, there are many people here who care, and who can help.

You can do it, it is hard work, but it can be done.
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Not exactly new

Thanks for the warm welcome, In Chains was originally a reference to a band that means a great deal to me which I found strangely appropriate.

With regards to how much I drink... not as much as some I suppose. 7-8 units a night. The reason i joined again is because it's been rising steadily for months now, to the point where in the last week I have started drinking in the day when I can, and having to struggle not to reach for a bottle upon waking. I am beginnign to lose the fight against the 'one more won't hurt' voice more and more often, and feel trapped into the cycle more than I have been before. I don't think I can do this alone anymore.
        I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Not exactly new

Welcome back In Chains. I, like you, joined a long time ago until something just clicked and I came back. I am over 4 months sober now and I owe most all of it to the people here. Stay close, read, post and laugh. Alot. It's a great place to find friendship, kindness and sobriety. Best of luck to you friend.
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Not exactly new

Just wanted to say :welcome: back. I love that band too. Funnily enough I never realised a lot of Layne's lyrics were about his own addiction until a fellow addict pointed it out. Duh!

K x
            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Not exactly new

IC - just wanted to say welcome back.

Comment

Not exactly new

Hi InChains,

Welcome back, you know this is a good place!
                What is your plan? If you have them or can get them I highly recommend the Hypno CDs. They were instrumental in getting me to change my thinking about AL. I used them 'religiously' for several months until the info really sunk in & I stopped thinking about & obsessing about AL.

Drop in the Newbies Nest & introduce yourself for more support
                Wishing you the best!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Not exactly new

I'm back after a long time away, too, IC. I'm happy for you, deciding to succeed again. Maybe this will be the final go-round---that's my hope for me, anyway, and I bet you can do it, too!
                  Jane Jane

Comment

Not exactly new

Welcome back in chains.

Just wanted to say hi and like you, I'm not new to MWO but for some reason, this time is working for me. Think I've finally made up my mind that I'm tired of this vicious cycle. Hope you can find peace and a good plan here to help you as well!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Not exactly new

Welcome back, In Chains
                      Something brought you back, even if you aren't sure you have the motivation to stop.
                      It sounds like you are worried about what you're doing to your health, and that you are slipping further into the darkness. Reaching for a drink in the morning means you aren't giving your mind a chance to get straight. It will be robbing you of your motivation and keeping you low. If you could commit to a couple of AF days to start with things might come clearer.
                      Don't be scared to try again.

Comment

Working...
                      X