Yet Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Again

Hi all, and especially hi to anyone who remembers me.

Well, I had a great year... 29 Dec 2009 to 18 May 2010, alcohol free. 18/19 May 2010, back to my old habits. We all know how and why. I'm ready to stop, I want to stop, but I'm SO scared to stop! I have so many responsibilities here that I cannot possibly go anywhere for detox... it has to be home detox, believe me.

I have a collection of valium tablets, and a collection of baclofen, given to me (but never used) for severe muscular back pain.

I need to know, please, what do I need to do, to do a home detox ie coming off acohol, using valium and baclofen. What are the doses and for how long? I am a big girl, so maybe that matters?

All help gratefully received.

Mandalay

Yet Again

Hi mandalay,

Welcome back, I've missed you. Sorry about your relapse!
    I strongly urge you to talk to your doctor for a schedule using Valium & Baclofen! It could be dangerous for you using those meds without supervision. For safety's sake please have someone willing to check in on you at home, make sure you are eating & staying hydrated, etc.

Wishing you the very best & a safe detox.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yet Again

I dont know how to detox but I dont think that the Baclofen people use it for that. You could ask in the meds forum but I agree with Lavande. Could you ask your doc to supervise a home detox and write you out the proper prescripton to do it? Is that possible?
      I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Yet Again

Hi Lav and Coalfire

Lav, thank you for the welcome back. I wish it wasn't like that, but...

Trouble is that they won't let me do a home detox, it has to be in a unit... I cannot go into a unit, cannot possibly do that. Whatever I do, I'm on my own! I've spent the last 9 months trying to get back off it by cutting down, etc, and I just figured if I did it myself with valium I might not have a bad detox.

Mandalay

Comment

Yet Again

You haven't said why your physician insists on an in-patient detox unit, but the only reason that would make sense is that he/she has assessed that your withdrawal will be so acute that you (and anyone sober at home with you) would be unable to follow dosing directions, including scheduled and prn medications. Is that really the case? (Is that what happened previously?) It suggests that your daily AL consumption is so high you're serious risk for DTs, seizure and even death. If that's a real possibility, you do, indeed, need to accept admission to a facility, regardless of your reluctance. It could save your life, it's that simple. Don't wait, go for it, find a way to make it work, and know that you CAN do this. Best wishes from everyone here.
          Resisting all Magical Thinking...one day at a time

Comment

Yet Again

Mandaly,

Why can't you possibly go to a unit?

I hated it, too. But I did it.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yet Again

Hello Redjib, Cinders, Coalfire and Lav

Thank you for your concerns, I really appreciate it. I live in a small town in Oz, and my doctor is pretty useless...wanted the whole family in for a discussion about my 'problem' if I wanted a home detox - the usual route is going into a unit. In this small town, that's a nonstarter. No way. I'd instantly lose my job, believe me. And I have too many responsibilities at home to be away - caring for an old person who would be totally lost if I weren't there. So I have to do it on my own. But I thank you so much for caring.

Comment

Yet Again

You say you have a job. Are you an evening only drinker?
                I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Yet Again

Hi Coalfire

Yes, I only _ever_ drink in the evenings. Been that way for pretty much 15 years apart from my almost-five months abstention from December 2009 to May 2010. But I've drifted back to my previous pattern so since May last year I've had between 750cc and 1 litre of red wine every single day for all this time. When I stopped last time, I cut myself down very gradually and had no symptoms whatsoever. This time I simply don't seem to be able to do it, I'm way more stressed in my personal life than I was then, and I think maybe that's why my willpower has gone out of the window! But now, for the first time since then, I've been a whole night without alcohol and I feel fantastic, albeit a little sleepy from the valium. I'm drinking heaps of water, taking vitamin supps and feel really excited that I've put one foot on the road to recovery. Thank you for asking, Coalfire!

Comment

Working...
                  X