Im just weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im just weak

I have tools in place to follow to beat AL and yet Im not using them Im ingnoring them. I feel like two people one that wants to beat this hold that AL has on me and the other wants to fight me and keep drinking. I think Im to weak I have no willpower to beat this Im just stuck/lost/desperate I just dont know anymore Im sick of fighting within myself Im tired of it all WHY is this so dam hard

Im just weak

Pyes, so many people are doing well with the meds. Have you looked at that thread?

Comment

Im just weak

Pyes your not weak because you are here, I could say the same thing, I have been here for over 12 months with not a good success story to tell and not good advice to give...YET!! Stay close to the boards :h
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Im just weak

Pyes we are not weak we are sick, this is an illness not a life choice. Look at the meds and read as much as you can its a long hard battle for most of us, we all try to stay strong together.

BHx

Comment

Im just weak

Pyes,

Do you know exactly why you are fighting with yourself?
          I know that in my case I struggled with unresolved depression/anxiety for years - that kept me from quitting drinking. I attempted Rx antidepressants but they just didn't do enough. I actually found effective relief with an OTC herbal product.
          I'm telling you this because maybe you possibly have similar underlying issues?! If you can pinpoint the issues & take steps to address them then you can focus on your sobriety.
          Have you considered counseling? You owe it to yourself to investigate all possibilities & be successful.

Wishing you the best!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Im just weak

Dont label yourself like that. I posted this a few days ago. It might interest you. I think that Lavande has given you some good advice

Posted by coalfire
            .There is a lot of self loathing going on here. Here is an article which might give you a different perspective
            "We are beginning to understand how addictions start in the brain. The pleasurable or rewarding effects of addictions are mediated in the brain through the release of chemicals such as dopamine [by cocaine, amphetamines, nicotine] or endorphins [heroin] or both [alcohol]. The pleasures are then laid down as deep-seated memories, probably through changes in other neurotransmitters such as glutamate and GABA that make memories. These memories link the location, persons and experiences of the addiction with the emotional effects. These memories are often the most powerfully positive ones the person may ever experience, which explains why addicts put so much effort into getting them again. When the memories re-occur, which is common when people are still using drugs or gambling, as well as when in recovery/abstinence, they are experienced as cravings. These can be so strong and urgent that they lead to relapse."

If you would like to read the full article here it is.Addiction: a life long illness not lifestyle choice ? David Nutt's Blog: Evidence not Exaggeration

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Im just weak

Pyes, I am new here and haven't had much success either. I do know exactly how you feel.

We CAN do this though. It might take some time, but if we believe in ourselves we CAN do it.

Ozi

Comment

Im just weak

Pye you are not weak and beating addiction is not really about willpower alone. As one recovering addict said, trying to hold down the first drink in the morning, puking it up, repeat 5 times until it finally stays down - that's willpower. Alcoholics do have willpower, but it is not that which makes them better.

Getting better is about addressing the reasons WHY you drink and finding the right combination of tools to maintain sobriety - whether that is therapy, groups, counselling, meds, support systems and/or fellowships.

You are not weak - you are an addict who has not found their way YET.
                K x
                Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Im just weak

To all of I say :thanks: Lav yeah I know I have issues doesnt everyone tho. Ive done counselling in the past I had to it did help but I feel that now I would just be rehashing all the crap I been through and I feel within myself get over it already. Maybe thats to harsh I just dont know anymore going over everything again makes me wanna drink just the thought of it let alone doing it. Im just pissed off at myself WHY cant I be normal.

Comment

Im just weak

Pyes;1077226 wrote: I have tools in place to follow to beat AL and yet Im not using them Im ingnoring them. I feel like two people one that wants to beat this hold that AL has on me and the other wants to fight me and keep drinking. I think Im to weak I have no willpower to beat this Im just stuck/lost/desperate I just dont know anymore Im sick of fighting within myself Im tired of it all WHY is this so dam hard
                    Pyes for you to have any chance of sucess you have to use the tools,we cant beat this on our own,keep posting & reading all the posts here,dont give up.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Im just weak

I feel like this too, like there is the 'good' me who wants to quit and the 'bad' me who tells me it is ok to drink and that I NEED to drink, this is how I know I am an alcoholic, if I wasn't then I would just think it was ok all the time and I wouldn't have this constant turmoil of arguing with myself, I haven't found MWO yet but I am sticking around here in the hope I will one day, there is so much love and support here, don't give up, you CAN do it

Coal thanks for that post I am going to read the article, what you have posted makes A LOT of sense to me
                      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
                      X