Happy St Patricks Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy St Patricks Day

Thanks lavande. Its a high risk day. Thats for sure.
    I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

[I St Patrick ran the snakes out of Ireland........but did you know that St Urho Bar-be-qued Grasshoppers and saved crops....Ha! ( Did you even care !?! Ha!) ][/I]
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

Hi ALL
        Nice to wake up the day after St Patricks day fresh and hangover free.
        Had a nice quiet Paddys day
        And its friday :-)

Have a great day everyone

Damo
        x
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

Well done damo, how are things going for you overall.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

Hi Mario,

Things are going really well, so much better than I expected.
            75 days sober. This is my third serious attempt to quit but my first time to feel that I can live my life happily without alcohol.
            The novelty period is gone and its hard work sometimes.
            Its such a huge life changing thing for me. My whole adult life has revolved around alcohol, especially the last few years. It was so exhausting, as I drank a lot secretly .

I am in a really good place at the moment . All of my family have noticed big changes in me, all good they say.
            So, as long as I can keep working on this, its probably the best decision I have EVER made to quit.

My Way out and all of you have been a huge support.
            I will always be grateful.

Damo
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

Damo, so pleased for you. You really come across as being so committed and determined, and you have no idea how much that helps others on this journey. I really get what you are saying about the drinking being exhausting, the hiding, the guilt, the physical side effects. Keep on running my friend, I am right behind you (well about 31 days behind you to be precise!) I love to run in these cold, early spring mornings, feeling as though I am being reborn along with everything else

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

Hi Damo well done on your 75 days :goodjob: Like you i've made a few serious attempts to get sober and only lasted a few wks or days here and there. the longest i ever made was four years ago and i was about 5 and a half months sober but i had attended an out patients therapy group which was very helpfull and also AA meetings. I found the Alan Carr book easy way to control alcohol very helpfull and sometimes AA meetings. Its tough at times and you do have to change your behavier habits and mind set but the benefits are rewarding. I drank a lot alone and in secret too so i can relate to the guilt and self loathing feelings. Its good to wake up each day hangover free and have a more productive day. I got very little done around the house etc as it took me days to get over benders and heavy days nights. Wishing you and everyone one else continued success on your jounerys.

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

vintage girl;1080342 wrote: Damo, so pleased for you. You really come across as being so committed and determined, and you have no idea how much that helps others on this journey. I really get what you are saying about the drinking being exhausting, the hiding, the guilt, the physical side effects. Keep on running my friend, I am right behind you (well about 31 days behind you to be precise!) I love to run in these cold, early spring mornings, feeling as though I am being reborn along with everything else
                  Thanks VG,
                  Its all good at the moment and there seems to be a few of us here who have quit around the same time and doing well.
                  Like you, running is my favourite exercise. And yes, a nice fresh cold mornings run is the best way to start the day.
                  I am hoping to do 3 marathons this year, the first one in May which is all going to plan so far. I am very lucky to have the Pheonix Park close by where I do most of my running.
                  I know you have a holiday coming up. Hopefully you really enjoy. You realise it may be difficult at times I am sure but it will be nice to REALLY relax hangover free and the nice runs on the beach will be great.
                  You,re doing brilliant, lets keep going.

All the best
                  Damo
                  Still trying !!!
                  AF 25th June2014

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

Firefox;1080451 wrote: Hi Damo well done on your 75 days :goodjob: Like you i've made a few serious attempts to get sober and only lasted a few wks or days here and there. the longest i ever made was four years ago and i was about 5 and a half months sober but i had attended an out patients therapy group which was very helpfull and also AA meetings. I found the Alan Carr book easy way to control alcohol very helpfull and sometimes AA meetings. Its tough at times and you do have to change your behavier habits and mind set but the benefits are rewarding. I drank a lot alone and in secret too so i can relate to the guilt and self loathing feelings. Its good to wake up each day hangover free and have a more productive day. I got very little done around the house etc as it took me days to get over benders and heavy days nights. Wishing you and everyone one else continued success on your jounerys.
                    Thanks Firefox.
                    I am with you on Allen Carr, I have three of his books. He helped me quit smoking years ago and keep his "No more hangovers" book close by.
                    I havent been to an AA meeting but am considering attending one.
                    I will take any tips/ help thats going.
                    Even though things are going brilliant at the moment, I realise I have to be strong as I dont want to slip up and have to start all over again. I am very confident I can stay AF as long as I stick with this site, and have Allens book to refresh my memory for when I am tempted to drink.
                    Also,if AA was to help , I will look into attending a few meetings.

All the best to you FF, lets hope we keep going.

Up the Dubs
                    Damo
                    Still trying !!!
                    AF 25th June2014

Comment

Happy St Patricks Day

Thanks Damo i havn't heard of his no more hangovers book but its one i must get. I have to be strong day by day also as if i get complacent or over confident regarding al thats when i'm close 2 slipups. So we have to work at day by day. I haven't been to many AA meetings lately but they can help but its not for everyone but you could always try there are lots around Dublin. I had a couple of difficult days this week but i got trough it. Enjoy your weekend.xx

Comment

Working...
                      X