Seven weeks later....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven weeks later....

49 days without a drink today.I hit the big 50 days off it tomorrow. How the hell I have managed this I don't know. I got the strength by posting here in my darkest days (Nov to Jan) and then reading back how low I had got, and getting the good will and support from all here something inside just clicked and said "the time is now". I have been the pub again tonight. Had a pint of soda and a nice meal. Mrs Softy had a glass of wine and brought a bottle home with her. She is ok with drinking she can take it or leave it. I can't. I said to her that they had Abbott Ale on the pumps. I said I like Abbott. She said Yes but the Abbott doesn't like you does he! Wise words and getting her involved has really helped me. KEEP ON KEEPING ON! Have a great AF weekend all. I am going fishing again early tomorrow and buzzing off it.
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Seven weeks later....

:goodjob: You should be proud!

So awesome to hear when folks are winning the fight. I can't wait to have 50 days under my belt. Good luck fishing.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Congratulations Softy !!

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Aww Softy,

I love your Friday night check ins.

I said I like Abbott. She said Yes but the Abbott doesn't like you does he! Wise words and getting her involved has really helped me.
        Very,very wise word from Mrs Softy.

J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Well done on hitting 50 days you are doing great.:goodjob:

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Softy. I have been watching you for a while as I am day 53 today. We started at the same time. I am up for day 65 if you are( Then its only 300 to the year:H)
            I am a sobriety tart. AA/Smart/RR philosophy, meds/diet/exercise/prayer,rabbbits feet/four leaf clovers/horseshoes. Yes please.I will have them all thank you very much.Bring them on

There is no way the bottle is going to be stronger than I am.

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Nice one Softy,

I am on day 9, after my first AF free weekend in about 3 years. I am currently aiming for 30. then I will just see what happens.

Got to get through these withdrawals though

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Excellent Softy! Love your posts and I hope you enjoy your fishing. It's great that you re-discovered your passion for it!

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Softy, you should be so proud of yourself. You sound like you are well grounded. Isn't the af life wonderful? It only gets better. Keep adding those weeks together.
                  Hill
                  Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Well done you!! You're doing a fantastic job! Just remember the beast hunts you and waits for the second you let you guard down! Keep it up and stay strong!

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Nice work !
                      Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Seven weeks later....

Wow congrats softy thats awesome :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                        X