a Day to REMEMBER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a Day to REMEMBER!

At the moment it is very hot and humid here. No rain for a few weeks. Today I had to go to our nearest town - 13 km beach road through sand and bushes. I choose to go in the middle of the day! With me I took one of our Shangaan workers and a shovel - because getting stuck is a normal routine in going to town. I was lucky. Did not get stuck but had to wait long times for other 4x4 's that did get stuck! Normally when I arrive in our little town my first stop is for a huge isce cold 2M (our local beer) - the only thing I believe helps for this thirst! Today I settled for a bottle of water - ice cold! Jummy! When I arrived home without getting stuck again (which would not happen if I had a few 2M"s to drink, and a half bottle water with a double J&B in - for the road back), I went for my second swim for the day! On previous horrendous outings like this I were drunk when I came back - then if I go for a swim, the people working for us must hide in the bushes, watching over me for in case I drown... today nobody had to watch over me and I could enjoy the wonderful cool water while the sun was setting in orange glooms all over me! Thanx MWO community, Kimverly, Sashia and the rest - you helped me tremendous today!:thanks:

a Day to REMEMBER!

:happy: keep it up your doing it girl!!!

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

Well done bb that beach scene sounds glorious. Sunsets in Africa.

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

Firefox;1083113 wrote: Well done bb that beach scene sounds glorious. Sunsets in Africa.
        seriously the descriptions sound awesome!

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

Ireland

Hi Firefox and Piper 123,

Yes I must say sunsets in Africa is the most fantastic. Tonight the whole lagune was bright pink as the sun sets at the back of the dunes. Two nights before it was full moon. The moon was the nearest to the earth in 20 years and 33% more brighter (english not so good - actually Afrikaans speaking). That was also amazing beautiful - could you see it in Ireland and where ever you are Piper?

I'm very exciting making contact with some one in Ireland. Apparantly my ancestors are Irish. Lots of people when they meet me say I look Irish and I LOVE potatoes. Must have it every day! We went to Europe in Sept 2010 and our plan was to go to Dublin as well - but we had a bad experience with Ryan Air and had to abort our plans for Dublin - I would love sitting in a real geniune Irish pub! How is it possible not to drink if you are Irish!!!:l

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

bb i couldnt sleep 2 nights ago kept thinking it was morning it was so bright then hubby told me next day about the moon!! Did i tell you im originaly from ireland?

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

Moon

Hi Sashia,

Yes, it looked like day. It was so beautiful. The beach shined white and the water looked if there was one huge bright candle glowing over it...

You also from Ireland? Irish people, as far as I know LIVE in pubs with all the nice Irish folks songs - it must be very difficult to quit drinking because it so part of your culture...

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

bb, great job amazing how things happen sometimes, bet you feel great today now.
                WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

:welcome: Beachbump, happy to meet you.

Thankyou for the great description of your glorious day!
                  I'm Scottish and we are also brought up in pubs
                  I managed to escape to Portugal only to find that the expats are in fact the worst mix of Irish, English, Scottish, America, South African, French and Dutch drinkers you could ever meet. Oh well it was worth a try :H
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

Wow BB, that sounds so lovely I would've been jealous if the weather hadn't been glorious here in the UK as well (ok I'm still a bit jealous! )

What wonderful fun we can have sober - and not put ourselves in danger and really appreciate things in life and nature for what they are - amazing.

K x
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

Kimberley & Chillgirl

Chillgirl - so nice meeting you - living in Portugal... last September we were on an Europe trip and visited Porto - great experience but get drunk on the way bach to Soain on the train back. Slept under the coachman's banker.
                      Would love talking more to you because I'm also living in a Portuquese country.

Kimberley, I try to write a long letter to you but the internect quits on me the whole time. Going to sort it out today and will then write back. Yes, its nicer swimming sober than drunk...

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

Beachbump;1083221 wrote: Hi Sashia,

Yes, it looked like day. It was so beautiful. The beach shined white and the water looked if there was one huge bright candle glowing over it...

You also from Ireland? Irish people, as far as I know LIVE in pubs with all the nice Irish folks songs - it must be very difficult to quit drinking because it so part of your culture...
                        They definatly are party animals my familys partys go on for days honestly i think they would celebrate a new bin!!:H

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

:beach: Morning BB in reply to your PM. yes i was very drunk that evening!! sorry went to bed early last night had brain ache spent a lot of time on here yesterday dont know if thats good for my brain recovery But it certainly did my morale good!! Hope your bite isnt a bother and you have a grrreat day. Wow i cant even begin to imagine your home made of grassand stuff??

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

Hi BB and everyone else on thr tread. Yep pub culture is big here as our weather is too unpredictible fpr outdoor life. May be thats one of the Irish alco excuses lol. I guess its difficult at first to stay sober anywhere but i'm hoping it will get easier. Hope you feel better soon Stasia i don't miss the hangovers thats for sure. I'm on day 26.:beach:

Comment

a Day to REMEMBER!

I hope you make it to Dublin one day BB would love to meet up.xx

Comment

Working...
                              X